SAVABLE RPG game collab! SAVING IN HS! 5 SPOTS OPEN!

OMG GUYS ITS HERE!! SURPRISING NOT A SINGLE PERSON HAS DONE THIS YET AND WE WILL BE THE FIRST!!!!!!!!!

A full on RPG...

What you say there’s already been RPG games on HS?? True, true, but what they lack is a saving function

Yes.

I just said saving function.

And yes... hopscotch is capable of saving games.

BUT HOW YOU SAY??????? Simple actually and I’m surprised no one has done it.

We use... a.... password system...

MIND FREAKING BLOWN!!!!!!!!!!

When someone wants to start a game, they enter 000000 at the beginning. Then when they save at a save block, they get a number such as 250111.

Then when they start the game they enter that number, and they’ll be back where they left off.

I JUST BLEW YOUR MIND AGAIN DIDN’T I????

Perhaps it may be... dare I say it... Game Changers worthy??????????????????

Here are the roles you can get:

Coder: The coder won’t do much placing objects, and will mostly be coding the objects. You must be very good at coding.

Designer: The designer will be the person placing down most of the objects.

Debugger: The debugger will constantly run the project to see what’s wrong with the program.

Helper: The helper role is for people who don’t have HS but still wanna help. You can suggest ideas and stuff like that.

Application:
What is you HS username:
What role do you want:
Do you have access to Hopscotch:
From 1-10 what is your coding skill:
From 1-10 what is your designing skill:
From 1-10 what is your debugging skill:

Owner
  1. @Zachyswag
Coders (no spots left)
  1. @The_Crafty_Painter
  2. @HopscotchRemixer
  3. @DMF
Designers (2 spots open)
  1. @AwesomeNachos
Debuggers (3 spots open)

Helpers (no spots left)
  1. @bluedogmc-official
  2. @svmaddy26

And I have a feeling some of you are gonna say I won’t do it because I have never finished a collab, I promise you I won’t. :slight_smile:

@OMTL

Finishing my Splatoon project from FOREVER AGO

First!

Here's the thing, how can we use the password to resemble the values? 6 digits don't look enough for coins, kills, etc.; Well, you can use a math equation for that, but that might take a long time

Well, I guess we could add more numbers

Just wondering, is the players character going to be in the screens center and the world scrolls around the character?

Neither. The character would move around the screen, but when the character reaches the edge of the screen, it will move the screen over.

Kinda like the original legend of Zelda.

^Bump^

Find A Friend/Collaber

Could I be a coder and a debugger? I am good at coding and good at debugging. However I do have a question about this:
Does the save system save through all of hopscotch or do you just like save as draft, put in a pin and then it loads?

Neither. When you save the game, it will give you a code such as 018711, and then when you start the game again you enter that code and the game knows where to put your

Here, 018711 won't work, as 018711 will just turn to 18711

I’m confused...

The values don't record the first zeros, that's why 018711 will just be 18711, and even 0007812 will be 7812.

Not exactly, because 0 can refer to having 0 coins or something, or 0 quests completed.

Well, that will work in a single-digit 0, but it won't work when you have 2 digits.

In case, if you press 9 on a password keypad, 0 becomes 9, and not 09.

No because it will each be a single digit

But they will all be next to each other in design

Oh... I thought it will just be a single value... Your idea might work

Yeah

Now tbh it won’t be too big of a game.

@Zachyswag Luv Your Profile Pic BTW

Oh And @Zachyswag you don't happen to know a person with the forst name of Mac in real life do you?