🪄 Ryka’s Updates

Hey guys!! Just posted a sneak peek on the app for my game, The UnderCity!
Go check it out, my account is “StrawberryKarma :heart::magic_wand::sparkles:
So I made this topic to ask general questions on how to code things, because I know I’ll need help lol, and cause I wanna post the final project as soon as possible.

8 Likes

If you don’t mind me posting this
Here’s the link for folks

I’m excited to see the final project when you finish!!
If you need coding help I can TRY to be helpful lol

7 Likes

Oh yeah lol
Thank you :>
There are still a few glitches in it, but this sneak peek will probably be the start of the game!!

4 Likes

Heylo so I was wondering how to make it so that my game saves
So I was wondering if it was like a big deal for a game to make it save
Or uh…

Idk

4 Likes

Unless someone has found a more efficient way since I last checked, there are really just 2 main ways to make something save:

• Create a unique save code: when the user wishes to exit the game, they copy this down somewhere. Then when they want to play again, they enter those unique letters and/or numbers and the game spawns based off of them.
  • Seed purchases: when a user buys something with seeds, that seed purchase is only done once per device. So like if a user buys a color scheme for a game, they can come back, and that color scheme will still be theirs.
4 Likes

Im 99% sure the only way you can make it save is if you have advanced mode. It has like a specific block for it
I could be wrong though

2 Likes

User variables

3 Likes

Hey thanks for helping guys!!
But I do not understand, for I am very naive.
So what might be able to help me, would be telling how you learned to code so well lol.
E: this is /lh, it’s my $tupid brain lol

3 Likes

ATTENTION!!!
AS OF TODAY, @ME IS OFFICIALLY DELETING HOPSCOTCH OFF HER PHONE!!!
lol this doesn’t mean I’m gonna leave, I’m just gonna be a little bit more inactive.

I’ll still get on as much as I can, and hopefully this will be better for my health
I kinda check hopscotch every two minutes lol

Just a little inactive!
Nothing more!!
Thanks guys, cya!!

I’ll still have hopscotch on my iPad :>
Bye!

@StarBebes
:heart::magic_wand::sparkles:

4 Likes