Rogue blank project

Use this template to make awesome bug reports:

Your username:
Mr. incognito
What kind of device are you using?:
iPad 5gen
1 sentence description of the problem (I was doing _________, and then __________ happened):
I was testing deleting my drafts via files and it deleted all the code but not the actual project
Steps that the Hopscotch team can take to reproduce my problem every time:

1. Delete draft from files
  2. Enter deleted project
    ….

I expected this to happen:
The draft to be gone
But instead this happened:
It wasn’t gone, and I couldn’t make it be gone
Here’s a sweet screenshot:
imagine a draft thumbnail that won’t go away and there is a blank editor

am I doing something wrong?

12 Likes

Usually if it uploads to the server it tries to download the project when you delete the local file, though I’m not sure about the “lost all code” part.

6 Likes

That’ll refresh the drafts list but I don’t think that will fix the issue by any means

4 Likes

if I edit/change code it makes a copy of the draft

4 Likes

You get a lot of weird bugs lol

4 Likes

I recognize that behavior.

Ok, so you have a draft but the Hopscotch server doesn’t think that the draft belong to you. Therefore, when you exit, instead of saving to the original UUID, it makes a copy. That’s how I think it’s working (since it must have registered as deleted on the server as well when it shouldn’t have).

3 Likes

so the hopscotch server thinks it belongs to someone else or no one?

2 Likes

No one, actually.

To be more specific, it thinks that the draft is deleted, though you still have the file. The same thing happens when you try to import a project (iOS 11-12) by tapping a .hopscotch file.

Older app versions will let you have the draft if it isn’t in someone else’s drafts and is not published, and newer app versions will never allow it.

2 Likes

is there a way to fix it?

2 Likes

Sounds like that ghost draft haunting my account that I think is too insignificant to make a bug report about, since no one else seems to have the problem.

3 Likes

If there’s any code in it, save it as a preset I guess. Then just delete it.

3 Likes

The only similar issue I have noticed is when there is a project in your drafts that is blocked by a monkey. When you open it, it crashes Hopscotch.

1 Like