RllyBadPersonWhoStealsCode

Hey guys so I need a little bit of help!!! (Not a coding problem , or a bug)
So there is a girl in my class who is on hopscotch ( I am too) and she knows my account and steals code from me AND a lot of other ppl!!!! She steals from SmileyAlyssa, ISNBN (I Shall Not Be Named) etc. I've been on her Photos app and she hundreds of Photos of codes from other Hopscotchers without permission, I've tried telling her to stop but I just can't I feel like she will break out in tears and I'll be in trouble (she is very spoiled)
Plz someone tell me what to do!!! :blush:
P.S. Thx for reading all of that :arrow_up:

13 Likes

Just tell her to stop, you will not get in trouble

3 Likes

Maybe tell THT??

2 Likes

what is her username?

2 Likes

Just tell her not to do it unless they have permission from the user
That way it won't hurt her feelings​:slight_smile:
At least I thinkXD

2 Likes

Try and talk to her. Sometimes people don't even realize they are making a mistake. If she doesn't understand your point, well I don't know what to tell you. Maybe tell her she can use code from other people, but she has to give them credit in the title. That is what a lot of Hopscotchers do. They take code, but give the original person who made it credit. If you don't give credit that makes Hopscotchers mad, and that would technically be stealing. Hope this helps! : D

3 Likes

Everything in Hopscotch is FTU. It's just most of us are nicer about it.

Not everything in HS is FTU. some people don't want people stealing their ideas, but if they specifically say it's FTU it's ok then.

1 Like

Just tell her kindly to stop, and if she does burst in tears, offer to help her with code for her games or art. If she continues to do it, ask her again to stop and tell her why. if she keeps doing it, tell a teacher or THT.

3 Likes

It is, you have no choice. Not FTU, in Hopscotch, is saying they prefer not to let other people use it. Most of us don't, but some people do.

Why would they make the game if they don't want other people to use it, or play it?
Seems strange. Not trying to cause drama, at all. but some people don't want others to screenshot their code and try to make it their own. let's stop here to prevent drama.

1 Like

Well.. perhaps let her know gently that if she creates more original code her games will be more popular?

2 Likes

I don't think there's anything wrong with taking photos. Maybe she is trying to learn how to code better? I think it's okay to use their code as long as you give credit obviously.:slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have no idea who this person is, but if you like, I can explain it to her.
To keep you outta trouble, since I know neither of you irl.

Wait, did their first project say something like this?

Hello, Hopscotch!
I am a quiet girl, and I enjoy books, art, and sport! I think I will have good fun on this app,
See you around!

1 Like

If you tell her calmly to stop once, and if she doesn't stop, then yell in that slytherin's face--

um, ms focus, are you swearing in my class?
No I didn't even get to say anything yet
I AM WRITING YOU UP FOR SWEARING IN MY CLASS!!

anyways, what I was saying was, if she doesn't stop after you calmly tell her once, tell her once again that is not right and that you're telling on her.

1 Like

It's not completely bad, she's probably just started and is trying to learn.

3 Likes

Does t she give credits?

I've been thinking about this for a while...

I think that's kinda the point of learning, once you've learnt how to make the code you won't need to learn it anymore. So technically she isn't necessarily copying... She Magpied the code :D

3 Likes

Tell her the truth! Say that stealing code is wrong and if she needs to copy code she has to give credit to the original maker!