Right and Left Align

I searched before making this topic, so if there is another one like it, please tell me.

I have a suggestion for HS! It could be used as just an option to turn on or it could be a block. You know how a text in HS is automatically center aligned? If you don't, click on one of the links at the end of this topic. Sometimes, when you are making a long paragraph like in a short book or slideshow, it gets annoying. What if we had an option for left or right align? Let me know your opinions on this, please!

Examples of center, right, and left aligns

Center
Right
Left

Share your ideas with THT!

I like that idea! :smiley::smiley::smiley:

It would be better, so then things would display properly.

Really? How?!

Yes, I totally agree!

Could you please share a link? And is it possible for right align as well?

Here is a trick to get left aligned text, it's not actually changing the alignment of text in Hopscotch.

https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/yty3dcdkk (doesn't work on web player)

How did you do that?

At the end of each line of text you need to add an invisible text character. The forum doesn't support it so I can't post it here. (I found from this link). You need to make sure all of those characters line up more or less so that all of the lines of text are the same length. You also can't make your lines too long otherwise they will automatically wrap.

Similarly, you can do this for right alignment; put the invisible characters at the beginning and make the end of your lines line up.

That's cool, so if we wanted to something like this, we would need an update to HS, right?

Yeah, THT would need to change how Hopscotch displays text.

The forum can't support it?
Let me test...

Will there be extra space ‍ hi.
Yeah it works and can be used to add ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ Extra spaces
‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ See?

It didn't seem to do anything when I tried pasting it.

This is a really good idea, and if you want to write long texts it will be much better! And, I think that it would be easier to position them with these options.