Restart block [this is a long title]

This would be a block that would have no parameters, or a single parameter similar to the start sound block, with a wait seconds parameter. It would restart the game when ran. This would be useful in games where restarting is necessary. For instant when the player loses, they are more likely to keep playing if they are automatically restarted as opposed to having to manually do so.
One minor issue would be people mass restarting projects in order to crash hopscotch.

Do we need this
  • Yes we need this
  • Eh, lame idea
  • No, to easily abusable

0 voters

10 Likes

Yeah this is a nice idea
I use something similar to this, I make all clones destroy when game starts, then add a set scene (this scene).
I was actually thinking of this today, maybe a restart button in Eg desktop
[this is a long and inspiring post]

5 Likes

This is a good well thought out concept but definitely needs fine tuning as of the problem you had stated earlier.

2 Likes

Hey this isn’t your fault but be careful when posting because autocorrect corrected the word manually to something inappropriate

Just be a little cautious

11 Likes

O dude, I’m so sorry I have in the past been careful abt that, but today was just super hectic :sweat_smile: I’ll make sure 2 be more careful in the future

5 Likes

No worries, just looking out for you

5 Likes

Thanks dude, ur the best

2 Likes

They should make it so that if use the block there is a cooldown before you can use it again so people can’t crash hopscotch.

2 Likes

That’s a good suggestion! Maybe a pop up would show up :thinking:

3 Likes

Ya. So people can"t abuse it. and since there is a cooldown people can press the home button in the app so they can’t get trapped. I have trapped people once in a different app with a function like this. But I made sure that people knew what will happen cause I’m not a bad person.

2 Likes

This is a very smart idea and would work if a Hopscotch just used some simple security features to prevent abuse of the function.

4 Likes