[RESOLVED] Hopscotch community and explorer are down 8/23/2022

The problem has been resolved now — we’re sorry for the inconvenience again, and thank you for your patience.

Hey Hops,

Our communities on *.gethopscotch.com are not loading since around 2022-08-23T23:30:00Z (e.g. c.gethopscotch.com, explore.gethopscotch.com).

This is preventing people from accessing the community — for example, viewing projects, uploading drafts to the server, and logging in.

This is due to a problem through Heroku, which we use: https://status.heroku.com/?today

We’re really sorry about the inconvenience. We will post updates here.

This is not affecting the forum, as the forum domain settings are not managed with Heroku.

Updates

• We’re working on a temporary fix, until Heroku and its upstream domain service are back up.

However, it may take a while to update everywhere. Some aspects of the community may appear to load but might be unreliable, in the meantime.

22 Likes

When do you think it will be back up? Or is this something you won’t know?

7 Likes

Ok glad that everybody can see this.

For now i cannot use hopscotch but i am patient enough and hope this gets fixed

6 Likes

They do not know but if they see an update i think she will tell us

We can log in hopscotch now!!!

(tppbm please)

4 Likes

We’re trying to work on a fix until Heroku is back up. Unfortunately I can’t really guarantee when, but I will post updates here & update the original post.

I think there seems to be some loading, but the community is not fully back up yet.

(I had to search what tppbm is, haha.)

8 Likes

Yeah it is not fully up yet but now i can see my drafts

3 Likes

i can play online connect four now - at least using ae’s reader

5 Likes

It seems like some aspects of the community are loading, but they’re not fully back yet and may be unreliable.

With this fix:

I think it may be just taking some time, since domain names can take a while to update.

Domains (e.g. website.com) point to a specific IPs (e.g. 192.168.1.1), but it can take a while for devices to update, when a different service points to the previous IPs.

8 Likes

The problem has been resolved about an hour ago now — we’re sorry again for the trouble.

7 Likes

Is it just me, or is the app/web explorer slower than usual?

2 Likes

it’s not for me

3 Likes

It’s possible that was the case because it came back slowly – when it was first back for me, half of the pages worked

4 Likes

So that’s why I was unable to save my changes in my draft (I was offline anyways, so that couldn’t have been the reason…)

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.