"Request Seed" Block Questions/Debug

Post your questions about how to use the “Request Seed” block here. This post is strictly for debug and coding purposes only. If you have application-related questions, refer to the following forum post.

The “Request Seed” block can be found under the blue “control” tab. You have to fill out an application to gain the “Request Seed” block access in Hopscotch. "Request Seed" Block Access in Hopscotch Application

32 Likes

How many times can you use it?

6 Likes

People who just got an email from you, are they seed developers?

5 Likes

People that were given the seed dev block to use individually on their own aren’t part of the Seed Dev program — they’re just granted access to the feature. They don’t get the title of being a Seed Dev since they’re not in the program, but will be able to access and keep the block to use in any future projects. their games also won’t appear on the Top Games tab, just like not-seed-dev seed projects by Seed developers

9 Likes

You can use it as many times in as many projects as you’d like once granted access

5 Likes

Cool

Thanks for clearing that up

4 Likes

Do we get the sub also, or just the seed block?

5 Likes

Just the seed block

3 Likes

So what’s the point of having it, then, if the seed block is supposed to be a beta feature, but other’s who have the same privilege’s are getting to be on the tab, while people on the waitlist aren’t?

1 Like

Ah, okay

2 Likes

Because you didn’t make it to be a seed dev

You get to keep the block and have a higher chance of being one next time, tho

2 Likes

So the application that just came out?
The new topic by YuanYuan?
That’s the new seed dev program? are we going to be in it?

2 Likes

No. The thing that just came out it to get the seed block. Not to be a seed dev. 2 different things

2 Likes

hokay
so when is the next seed dev thing?
or i’m assuming you don’t know.

2 Likes

I can’t tell you that

1 Like

Hey let’s make sure this post is for debug and coding-related questions only. If you have any access related questions (when do i get seed block, etc) please post on the application topic.

10 Likes

Question: if I get the seed block, but I want to do a collab with someone who also has the seed block, would it be possible to get the seed block on the account that we are doing the collab on?

2 Likes

No, at this time we will not be giving out collaboration accounts. The seeds earned would go to the account that publishes the project.

8 Likes

Hmmm, okay

Thanks!

I got a question: why is @Yuanyuan such a good community manager? If the coder of the project publishes the project do they have to buy it or will it be a debug purchase or something?

2 Likes