Report user on the app - Idea

idea
new_update
chickenproductions7
cp7_was_here

Hey! I’ve noticed more troll users bullies, and other kinds of bad people appear on the forum. I think we need a new idea.

I have an idea for hopscotch for there to be a report user button. You would have the user interface, The there would also be a report user button.

Once you tapped the report user button, an interface would pop up. I say it would look like the report project interface.

The THT would review the user, and see the content just in case the report was accidental or is incorrect. If they find out that that user was doing that, they get banned/warned for an amount of time. BUT HOWEVER, you can only report 1 user every 24 hours.

Okay that’s all for my new idea!

@ChickenProductions7
@GameCodingCrazy123
@BumpSplatGaming.Co
@CoderOfMagic
@GweTV
@GweTV_Backup
@StylishPoopEmoji33
@Rodrik834
@tankt2016
@ChickenProductions7TagList

18 Likes

For the forum, this can be done basically by tagging @ leaders and telling us who the user is and their concerns.
But on the app, I think this would be a great idea and really helpful :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Yeah, that would be a pretty great feature. The most that you can do rn is Haagen something nasty comes out is report it.
I know Scratch has something like this.

4 Likes

The problem is that users might not like each other and report each other for no reason, creating spam reports.

6 Likes

Just saying, I hope you read this :wink:

4 Likes

I’m saying that tht would get tons of spam things and waste their time checking them

3 Likes

Maybe a user can only report another user in 24 hours?

3 Likes

Yeah that’s good

3 Likes

We can make a topic about that if the leads and Ana think it’s appropriate, but emails are the way to go as of now.

wait, a topic for this would only give them more attention, let’s just stick to emailing them

3 Likes

I really think that this idea would be amazing, especially on the Hopscotch app!

7 Likes

That would be useful on the app, as you can only report the users projects rn

3 Likes

It would be useful, though it’s definitely a feature that could be abused by buIIies and people who don’t like each other.
And managing reports (spam ones and non-spam ones) would create more work for THT.

I haven’t noticed a lot of buIIies and trolls though (minus Boomor in February).
Then again I’m mostly oblivious to any drama going on between artists in the app so

Maybe a user gets a limited amount of reports a day (say, 3 or something) like CP7 said?

5 Likes

I think 3 is still a lot. Because, as you said, there are not many bullies on the app, so I don’t think that there is a need for 3 reports a day. 1 should be fine I guess…

1 Like

Ah yeah, this is a Good Idea! Maybe the user is going to get banned from the app in a while, like the forum if they get too many reports.

I think 1 report a day would be fine, but if anything serious comes up, you can come on here, tag @ leaders and we’ll review the user and if need be, one of us can report them if you’re out of reports for the day.
But this would be a lot of work for THT and the curators, especially to go through the reports. There are a lot of users and if this is implemented, there will probably be a lot of reports.

3 Likes

This sounds p cool!

That would be helpful.

1 Like

3 reports over time before suspension

6 reports over time to be banned…

4 Likes

Exactly! The only thing you can report at the moment are their projects.

1 Like

Emails exist for a reason. They don’t want the young demographic to spam report “frenemies” in their class to discourage them (or something of that matter)

2 Likes