Repeat Forever doesn’t work in IPhone toilet game

Hello
We are new to Hopscotch and love it!
We’re following the tutorial videos, and are on the iPhone toilet game. For some reason we cannot get the first rule to work properly, this is the Repeat Forever to make the iPhone fall from the top of the screen to the bottom continuously. I have attached a screen shot of our code and the tutorial video, we can’t figure out if it’s us or a bug, any help would be appreciated as I have a frustrated 6yr old! :blush:

I do not see any code that’s wrong, so the only thing I can think of that might be wrong is if you selected the wrong text object at the top. If that’s not the problem, I guess it’s a bug.

Thanks for that.
Well we only have 1 object, and that does fall to the bottom of the screen, so it half works… it just doesn’t repeat!
I wondered with this being part of the tutorial videos, if it was a known bug?

Hello @Muzzy2011

Welcome to the forum. It’s nice to see other parents coming to the forum to seek assistance for their kids.

I haven’t looked at that tutorial but based on your comment:

I’d guess that you don’t have a rule (When) that resets the position of the :iphone: to the top of the screen after it reaches the bottom. If that other part of the code is missing the Repeat Forever will work fine, it’s just that the :iphone: will be stuck at the bottom of the screen as the Change Y block continually tries to move it even lower.

———————
Edit: @Muzzy2011 I watched the video, and it’s just misleading. The person making the recording keeps hitting Replay, so it just looks like the :iphone: is falling in a loop. Notice the partially transparent green dot (showing where the person making the video is touching the screen) keeps flashing over the ⟳ icon. That’s them hitting Replay.

So your code is just fine. Just keep watching the video and following along. And watch out for when the commentator taps the ⟳ which makes it look like there’s a falling loop as that happens multiple times throughout the video.

If that is the case, @Muzzy2011, I’d suggest that you and your 6-year old should continue watching the tutorial a bit and see what happens. Or have you already done that?

I’m sorry if that doesn’t help as I haven’t watched the tutorial myself.

By the way, welcome to the forum! Like @ThinBuffalo said, it’s great when parents come on here to try to help their kids. We are here whenever you or your child have any more problems or questions! :slight_smile:

@Muzzy2011
I think I know what’s happening. It’s behaving as it should.

You said it’s falling to the bottom of the screen, which is what it’s supposed to do. It is repeating, for the object would otherwise move once and not make it to the bottom.

y’all flagged smh

That is great, we thought we were doing something wrong!!! Its obvious now you mention it. Many thanks.