Repeat/Conditionals/Set Variables are broken

What? That makes no sense. It will probably be patched asap since it can make big problems.

2 Likes

yeah, thankfully using a wait block can fix it

3 Likes

What, talking to me?.

3 Likes

No I was replying to the topic.

2 Likes

Just a heads up that we did add this to our list as well and mark it as high priority, as it affects core logic of projects (I don’t know how quick it might be to fix the problem though, as it is probably related to something more complicated.)

5 Likes

If you put a local variable in the bubble of a repeat block it won’t repeat at all.

5 Likes

@Yuanyuan we need to put a Wait 0 after Set Local Variable if the local variable is used immediately after, which isn’t convenient.

To have a test, go to @Petrichor’s link and play the project. It shows « Broken ». Go to the code and add a Wait 0 or anything similar to this and play the project. It shows « Working » like my picture.

7 Likes

Hi I wanted to apologize for telling you not to make lots of topics . I didn’t realize it was fine to make a bunch of topics, and im sorruy i was being rude to you if it felt like it. Make as many topics as you want! Its not my place to tell you what to do (as long as it hurts others), youre being very helpful and responsible.
You seem like an awesome and selfless person. Thank you and I hope we can put our differences aside and maybe become friends

4 Likes

He makes a lot of topics, that’s just how he is

3 Likes

is it like a personality trait? ive never talked to him so

3 Likes

I would say yes

3 Likes

well aint that sumthing

4 Likes

Congratulations, you’ve met Petrichor

Wow, this has to be annoying

4 Likes

Thanks for trying that out — adding a Wait 0 did also make it work for me.

This bug seems to be part of this broader bug, with the execution of Control Flow/Variable blocks, so I’ll move it here.

(Update: Just a heads up, this will be fixed in the next player update 1.6.0 :smiley: )

5 Likes

I haven’t even touched local variables atm so :man_shrugging:

1 Like

same idk wut dat is

1 Like

Is this still an issue?

1 Like

Seems like this is something that still occurs but might have an upcoming patch (@t1_hopscotch can confirm or correct me on this)

5 Likes

It will be fixed in the next major update.

6 Likes

when will be approximately the next update? ~2 weeks? ~1 month?

3 Likes