Rename Variable Glitch

Your username: Decode, co.

What kind of device are you using?: iPad 6th gen

Version of HS: 3.41.7

IOS: 13.4.1

1 sentence description of the problem: (I was doing _________, and then __________ happened): I pressed a variable block to rename it and the app froze

Steps to make the problem happen:

1. Pressing and holding a variable block in the editor

I expected this to happen: I could rename them

But instead this happened: The app froze

Here’s a sweet screenshot:

Now I’m stuck with Lemoms :(

5 Likes

So it just froze? Or did it not let u change it persistently

4 Likes

The app froze. I could only get back in by restarting the app.

2 Likes

Ten could u rename the variable?

2 Likes

Odd.
Just tested, it works fine for me.

1 Like

No, if I press and hold the variable to rename it, no matter if I restarted the app or not, it freezes.

Hmm strange

1 Like

Also, the editor disappears.

always? like every time?

1 Like

Yes, new drafts, old drafts, new drafts, old published projects and new published projects. I keep restarting the app but it still doesn’t work.

2 Likes

very strange, your device isn’t even old

2 Likes

That’s terrible…

I haven’t had this happen to me though on the same version – does it work with different projects?

Also, if you need to, my HS JSON shortcut can manually rename the variables.

2 Likes

I’m very thankful for the editor! “Lemoms” won’t be a pain to look at, so I won’t need to use the editor to change that for now. But mark my words, I’ll be using the editor someday.

2 Likes

One of us could remix the project with the name Lemons, if it really matters to you :wink:

4 Likes

That’s too kind of you, but I have befriended Lemoms and she has now been my friend. She even made me a friendship bracelet! (Do not underestimate the power of a friendship bracelet.) I don’t want to part so quickly. But still thanks for the offer, I never would have thought of that

5 Likes

Okay lol

I’m officially calling all the lemons in my house lemoms.

5 Likes

odd odd

2 Likes

Lol same
For me, it won’t even give me a rename option

2 Likes

Is this only with variables? I think I had a similar issue but I just deleted the app and re downloaded. That time I couldn’t even edit text without a crash.

2 Likes

You know, I haven’t tried renaming text yet. I will today. It works perfectly fine on the account on my phone, though.

2 Likes