Remove the Line Width Limit

Idea: just remove the line width limit completely. One line of code, if I recall seeing it in the webplayer?

This will fix:

“This makes the user experience worse, as it doesn’t automatically break the text nicely for you”

Yes, but the text doesn’t work right now. I would wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy rather break the text myself with a width I prefer, and have it work as it shows in the editor instead of having to guess what happens where.

And to avoid breaking existing projects, this should probably go with player 1.6.x instead of the current 1.5.x

• Fix the text
  • Don’t

0 voters

Also, might as well do this to make it 4x better too, right?

@Elizabeth

15 Likes

Width limit, i didn’t know they had that. Oh I know the cut off text

3 Likes

On phones, text is limited to the stage size. But on iPads (most of the problem is here aside from stretchy text), it’s about half that. It really bugs me when working with smaller text objects.

2 Likes

why didnt you tag omtl

2 Likes

It is not necessary for suggestions – only that THT sees it.

If you need proof that it can be just as effective, my linked topic in post 1 got 50 votes without any tagging.

5 Likes

yes

what if there were width/height parameters for text boxes?

3 Likes

That’d be sic!

2 Likes

That would be a welcome addition as well, even better than what I suggested.

Most programming languages, however, actually use returns and text alignment as opposed to having a limit on width and height. And your suggestion, while probably being a better implementation, will require design first as well as more behind the scenes coding.

For now, however, I think this is a good solution that gives the user control of the text they needed.

3 Likes

Yes, do both of those things.

4 Likes

Why is the new version worse than the old for blurry text?

2 Likes

I don’t really understand, but i agree :))

2 Likes

It’s something with how it was scaled for performance on JS canvas, but it needs to be fixed.

4 Likes

Awesome idea!

I had the same idea!

2 Likes

Yeee this is a greate idee
Says EG

4 Likes