Remixes don't work very well in the new update [FIXED]

Hopscotch version 3.40.2 iOS 12.3.1

When I remix a project, it seems to forget that it is a remix and so it doesn’t add a remix bar.

13 Likes

Huh, same thing is happening to me
My most recent two remixes view as normal projects

7 Likes

@Petrichor

8 Likes

I can confirm this as well.

It just completely overrides original_user trait.

3.40.3 hotfix soon?

8 Likes

Huh I didn’t notice this

5 Likes

(Bump)

I figured out how to reproduce this disappearing watermark bug while remixing one of my projects over to a collab account, for a collab I’m in.
I tested it with 3 projects — two of mine, one of another user’s. (I deleted all the remixes afterwards.)

1. Save project as draft. The remix watermark is there.
  2. Publish the draft. The remix watermark is still there.
  3. Publish a remix of the project you just published (the published draft). Remix watermark has disappeared.
8 Likes

That sure does work

4 Likes

I’m continuing to test the remix bug, and now the remix watermark won’t show up on any projects remixed from the account I’ve been testing from (Chase_Gwe_Collab).
I tried projects from accounts I hadn’t previously tested (just my own projects, my brother’s projects, and projects from collabs I’m in), and the watermark wouldn’t show up on those projects too. The oldest of the projects I tested was around 40-50 weeks old, and the newest I published just an hour or two ago.

This would explain how some people have gotten the remix bug to work on all the projects they remix.

8 Likes

Do it once and it stays forever. Hm.
That’s very helpful, thank you

7 Likes

Read the first post, it doesn’t add it to any projects in the newest update.

8 Likes

For all projects?
That’s weird.

6 Likes

Great job on spotting this! I’m sure THT will find it very useful when debugging.

4 Likes

I logged back into my main account, tankt2016, and remixed a project. The remix watermark did not appear.
I went to the original project and saved it as a draft. The remix watermark did appear in the draft. I published the saved draft, and it had the remix watermark. I remixed it, and the remix watermark was gone. I guess remixing takes the watermark away.

5 Likes

the same thing’s been happening to me as well. I thought it was because I was because I using an art pad that’s over 100 weeks old, but I guess that I was wrong lol

4 Likes

The same thing happened with a friend, I asked them if they’d coded the art pad that they were drawing on, (they never do, they always just draw, not code) But they said no. The indication of the remixing in the corner want there/

4 Likes

Same here, I saw a project which I knew was a remix, said it was a remix, yet it did not have the remix watermark.

4 Likes

Thanks for reporting! Looking into it.

7 Likes

Fixed with v3.41.2 so going to close this thread. Thanks for reporting it!

3 Likes