Remix Observation

This morning I saw someone remix my projects and amazing creators such as William04GamerA.
But I think the system should be able to see if they remixed but didn’t add credit of changed anything noticeable.
But if they didn’t they cannot remix that project.
All so maybe that could possibly have suspicions if someone is copying a code.

• I agree, you make a good point
  • I disagee. This is not needed

0 voters

There is also a hashtag on the app in usernames: Stop No Credit Remixes

9 Likes

Maybe you could turn the remix feature on or off when you publish a project?

4 Likes

Yeah, if it’s FTU

3 Likes

There would be many reasons. They might want to keep the reasons to themselves

4 Likes

@AECREATION

3 Likes

@AECREATION, in my opinion I do not think the system for detecting remixes should be determined by wether or not certain amount of code was changed. I believe this would create confusion as to who the actual creator is as due to no real way of telling wether which project is the actual remix or not

Also the remix tag is also an easy and fast way to find the original creators account.

8 Likes

But it doesn’t always show up

4 Likes

I think that’s a bug.

3 Likes

yeah it’s a bug

2 Likes

Oh, well that happens to me lots

3 Likes

Yes but I do know that they are trying to improve their system so that it works better but I don’t think completely changing their system into behaving like that will work

8 Likes

I think the idea here was expanding on the current system a bit to show whether it was a legit remix (added on code, improved project etc) or a copy but I could be completely misunderstanding it

9 Likes

Maybe there could be a button to turn off remixing on games seed devs have it and seed block games do so why not add it as an official setting

3 Likes

We have a lock on our projects so that people don’t edit the code and get unfair access to seed purchases. It’s to keep them from going into the code and getting special seed stuff for free.

HS doesn’t wanna lock every project because that goes against the collaborative coding community they’ve created.

9 Likes

Fearless has explained it perfectly.

2 Likes

I think it’d be nice if we could have an un-remixable option for projects (besides just the ones with seed blocks)

Like, you can choose if people can expand on your code.

2 Likes

This is a pretty good idea, but there are a few things to consider:

• What about art pad/high score remixes? Would a new system need to be implemented to “show screenshot” instead of “remix project”?
  • In the case above, would a new project still be created but just pull code from the older one?
  • Maybe creators have to approve unmodified remixes? (though I could see this costing more than it’s worth)

As for the technical side, it’s pretty easy to do. By just removing any deleted code and mapping UUIDs (unique identifiers) of rules/objects/abilities to a consistent pattern, you can quite literally compare the projects side by side.

Bonus: I have created a remix detection project, though there is some weird stuff going on behind the scenes of it. You can try to save it as a draft or remix it and the message is different. While that in itself is pretty cool, it doesn’t really help the issue of determining if a remix has code changed at all though.

That does give me an idea – a project comparison tool to show all the differences between two HS projects

Edit: I do also agree with FP & TCMS – I don’t think Hopscotch wants to make those fundamental changes to the remix system.

^ @AECREATIONS

2 Likes

@Awesome_E

1. Hi
  2. Look at the post above
  3. You’re amazing at coding
1 Like

There are watermarks but they don’t always appear… But I think THT are working on a way for them to manually add the watermarks

2 Likes