Reffy’s Guide To Creating A Great Project

heya hops! having a hard time finding inspiration for a project, or really not knowing how to make your ideas work? well, welcome to Reffy’s guide to creating a great project!

finding inspiration or ideas

one of the struggles of trying to create a great project is ideas or inspiration for a project. my idea is to look at the things around you. i’m going to use this potted plant that’s sitting next to me as inspiration, because you can find inspiration out of the weirdest things!

first, I take a picture of my inspiration so that I can use it later :wink:

there are so many things I can do with this leaf/potted plant. here are some that icame up with-

*grow your own plant project
*garden trail art
*pixel art
*nature game
*find the leaf

as you can see, ideas are everywhere!

starting your project

if you’ve had hopscotch for a while, you’ll know the basics of starting a project. you’re going to want to start it off by giving your new project a name and putting in at least one object. if you’re busy, save it into your drafts and work on it later!

finding time to code

the best way to find time to code is to reserve a special spot in the day as ‘coding time’. and you MUST use this time every day, because your project is probably important to you, and you might even have people waiting on it! so, using around 30 minutes every day to work on your project is a great technique. and do NOT skip over this time to play Minecraft coughs loudly in Dylan329’s direction!

Applying the Finishing Touches to your project

after you’ve finished the code, play the project multiple times and fix anything that needs to be fixed. get help, if needed, and make sure everything is perfect!

17 Likes

nice topic ref

3 Likes

Noice topic 10/10

3 Likes

Cool topic! I like the inspiration thing!

2 Likes

10 of 10 topic rating

4 Likes

Nice topic Ref

4 Likes

Nice topic :clap:

3 Likes

thanks y’all :blush:

6 Likes

Wow, cool topic! Everything is very well written, well structured and are great tips.

3 Likes

Thanks, William :+1:

3 Likes

Nice topic,
I especially like the

finding time to code

Section.:grinning:

3 Likes

thanks! I appreciate it :))

2 Likes

This is a good idea! Thanks Reffy!

4 Likes

this is a super helpful, really well-written topic!

6 Likes