Reduce/Remove Project Approval Duration

The most annoying thing is I have to wait a whopping day just to update my projects. Whenever I update my premium project it will do the “heads up” thing where they will review the project for 4 hours even I added a little feature. When there was no custom images, it was fine (no heads up), but with custom images it was NOT fine. Please remove this or shorten it.

6 Likes

And, if possible, can you approve my project now?

4 Likes

The reason that projects with custom images have to be approved is because it’s possible that somebody could draw something inappropriate, and there wouldn’t really be a way to not see them without the feature — other than that, I just tested out publishing a project and updating right away, and it worked, so I’m not sure what’s going on with your project. Could you send a screenshot or a video of it not letting you update?

6 Likes

4 Likes

I meant it takes SUPER long to approve

3 Likes

That was a little feature, dtho

2 Likes

just changed the topic title n category

3 Likes

this is because all projects that go through moderations are manually approved – a real person has to go through and check everything in each projects and there are a LOT of projects. as a curator, ive had a bit of an extra look into that side of things and when i say a lot, i mean a lot

its also a very small team of moderators and its not necessarily always viable for them to hire more. it would be nice if some things didnt have to be approved, like images, but theres no way for everyone else to know that the contents of those images are safe and appropriate for everyone. so we need to check everything and make sure that it is

i know that this is super frustrating to hear, especially when it takes days, but THT truly does the best that they can. i hope this makes sense, at the very least?

3 Likes

they must hire 1K mods or I will become a mod

2 Likes

Except for custom images

2 Likes

thats not financially viable and for community members to help with moderation (like us forum leaders), there’s an entire process and extra care because some of us are minors/not legally adults yet.

if youd like to potentially work with THT in the future, you can apply for a forum leadership position the next time we open them, and after a while doing that, you can potentially ask for app positions

8 Likes

That would be cool, but I think the moderators are paid, and there’s a big process to get new mods.
Also, if we had that many mods then it would have to be a shorter process and then some random people would be able to get away with doing something bad after being trusted.
Other than that, it would be awesome for you to sign up to be a mod in the future when/if they open!

4 Likes