Recording our own sounds

Could we make our own sounds by recording them or importing them? Is it already possible?

10 Likes

It isn’t already possible, and it has been brought up a lot before, and I think custom sounds are on THT’s roadmap.

2 Likes

But there would be the problem of recording people’s voices

3 Likes

Yeah and isn’t a voice like a fingerprint, unique?

3 Likes

And it would be hard to protect bad words…

5 Likes

Unless you went through every single project which would be annoying and hard

3 Likes

Hence the “in moderation” project tag. Was originally used when images came out

2 Likes

it’s a great idea that has been thought about before: being able to record and import our own voices to make custom sounds. i think there are still a lot of complications, like safety, which need to be worked out.

3 Likes

Not really, it’s Dev rating is easy and they can just use the “in moderation” tag so that each custom sound project is in pending first.

1 Like

You can’t do it now. It would be a good idea, though. This feature is currently available on Scratch, so until then, you could try it there.

1 Like

This idea has been suggested many times before, and I agree. It is an awesome idea!

And by the way, if you get a notification saying that I edited your topic, I just moved it into the category specific for new ideas to the app so that it is better organized. Nothing to worry about!

7 Likes

Maybe not necessarily recording your own sounds but uploading them maybe?
Like choosing an iTunes or YouTube song and loading the music from there.

1 Like

Would help with building video games into hopscotch perhaps, but wouldn’t copyright be an issue then with using music that’s already made?

2 Likes

I’ve made some music for hopscotch if this becomes a thing

probability = high, per hopscotch airtable || The music i’m using doesn’t have any copyrighted elements or my voicing

2 Likes

I think william said that hopscotch could use a service where it could identify the copyright status of the song

1 Like