I’m pretty sure we’ve all wished for this feature before…
The ability to strategically rearrange, or alphabetize the following:
- global variables
- custom blocks
- custom rules
Any project. But more specifically:
Any project with a lot of variables and/or custom blocks.
Currently, finding my variables or custom blocks is like being forced to play “I Spy” or “Where’s Waldo”.
This project that I created contains the most amount of custom blocks (aka functions) that I’ve ever made. However, when I made so many, it got so very frustrating and time consuming because whenever I wanted to use one, I’d have to look for it.
If you edit the code and view my custom blocks, you can see that some portions are alphabetical (which I had to do by hand) and others are not.
It’s not a happy place. Not at all.
Here’s a pretty clever idea:
This feature should be relatively simple to add.
Even if the implementation was as minor as a toggle to determine how to sort the variables and blocks, it would go a long way.
You just rearrange your variables or functions. With text based programming languages, it’s very simple: cut and paste.
Some languages have static variables and static functions that are grouped within objects so they can even be organized by category.
Select the option(s) that you are good with:
- Idea 1: Ability to rearrange variables and custom blocks, just like how I can rearrange my code.
- Idea 2:
Option to sort my variables and custom blocks alphabetically, chronologically, etc.
- Idea 3: Ability to group variables and custom blocks into categories and subcategories for more perfect organization.
- Any of these ideas will make my life much better and will allow me to code even faster.
- I’ll still live if there are no changes
- Other (Add a comment below)