Realistic drawing (Help me!)

I created a paintbrush and this is the result when i draw faster (Cannot add images pls scroll down)

How can i make it more “natural”?
Pls help me! I know that there’s a HD draw but i don’t understand how it works.

4 Likes

What why i cannot add images?!?

3 Likes

Dude, just post a link or smth, is this hs?

2 Likes

If this is something in Hopscotch, you can post the link with the picture with spaces
like this
![image|166 x222](upload://uh7f1xSbb5E6u5BGydanjMGbp8f .jpeg)
if it isn’t, the forum probably isnt the best place, but you can ask for tips in the Drawing With Hopscotch topic!

edit - I read more carefully and I see that you made it in Hopscotch

5 Likes

hey there! your trust level is currently level 1 (called “basic”), which means that you cannot post images yet. if you post an image in text form with a couple of spaces, like this:

[image]num bersnumbersnumber s.sam ple.jpg

I can edit it for you to show the real image!

to learn more about trust levels, this is a link to a post with updated requirements and abilities.

5 Likes

Cannot add link… (ARGHHH)
I’ve just post it on hs

3 Likes

Omg i didn’t know that : (

4 Likes

Can you try this?

3 Likes

Nope i got this message: “Sorry, you can’t embed media items in a post.”

3 Likes

Huh. Okay. What’s your Hopscotch account username?

3 Likes

NTh3R (same username lol)

3 Likes

This I’m guessing?

5 Likes

you beat me to it! was just about to post the link :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

yep! How can i make it more realistic?

4 Likes

Depends on what you mean on realistic. Is it supposed to resemble something such as grass, or are you planning on making it a full on pro art pad?

4 Likes

When i’m drawing faster it lags (idk how to explain)

2 Likes

I just want to draw in 60 fps not in 30 fps

1 Like

This is a common problem, and I don’t think there’s a solution. This is due to a digital art pen component called Spacing, and includes FPS-
Instead of drawing a continuous line, computers draw a dot, followed by another a fraction of a second after that. When you draw very fast, the program doesn’t make compensation for that, and it makes a spaced-out line.

It’s sorta like how if you draw a stickman in several different-yet similar-poses on a sticky note pad and flip the pages really fast, it looks like he’s moving.

6 Likes

@NTh3R

If you want to make a drawing HD, you need it

• to be super smooth
  • to pop out when drawing in the front, and pop back when your drawing in the background.
  • to make it so it gets slightly darker or lighter depending on its position.
5 Likes

Here is a link to an old project I made. I used to have a spacing issue (different from your spacing issue), and I couldn’t figure out the cause. So I decided to use HS’s default “Draw Like A Pen” rule, and tweaked it to my liking.

This version includes:

• HSB and RGB Colors (tap the current color to enter the color selector)
  • 3 Rainbow Modes (light, normal, and dark)
  • Randomizer (continuous random colors as you draw, one of the defaults)
  • Draw Spiral (spiral size affected by trail size)
  • Draw Polygon (number of edges affected by trail size)
  • Default Colors (shown on right side, under the paint tool and eraser tool)
  • Gradient Pen (slowly changes the brightness as you draw)
  • 82 Custom Colors (12 shown on left side, tap “All…” to see more custom color slots)
  • Snap to Grid (none by default, swipe left or right to change. Snaps a line to the grid)
  • Brush Indicator Icon (Cursor: default, shows as plus sign | Brush: shows as a dot, same size as the current brush size)
  • Paint Tool (tap once to select, tap again to enter the color picker)
  • Eraser Tool (tap once to select, tap again to clear all)
  • Eye Dropper Tool (Pixel Painter Exclusive, tap a color on the grid to choose its color)
  • 4 Drawing Modes (Same as Symmetry | normal, mirrored vertically, mirrored horizontally, quadrant (special))

To add a custom color, tap a blank slot and choose “Add Custom Color.” You can also add that custom color to the custom color grid by tapping “All…,” tapping your custom color from the left sidebar, then tapping a blank slot in the grid (if you do this with an existing color, it will swap the two).

4 Likes