Reactions on the forum

I think the forum should have reactions. I’ve seen it on a couple of different sites, and I thought it was pretty useful.

What are reactions, you might ask? Well, in the cases I’ve seen, it’s giving a message an emoji which is sort of your reaction.

Why would this be useful? If you had run out of likes, but didn’t want to reply to a message by saying something short like “Okay” or “Sure” or “I agree” you can send a reaction – like a thumbs-up – to show you saw it and you agree with them.

I don’t think Hopscotch controls the internal functions of the forum like what is required to reach a certain trust level or how many likes a person has, but I just thought this is a cool idea and would be really useful.

21 Likes

This would be something that Discourse (the company that made the forum) would have to add.

Or you would need a plug-in.

8 Likes

Or cookies, cookies are important

5 Likes

Actually they can change those features you described at the end, but adding the reaction feature would be like modding discourse

4 Likes

Am I able to suggest this idea to Discourse directly or would I have to do it through the mods and admin?

3 Likes

This forum is made by Discourse, so Ana/mods can’t do anything, or mods needs to install an extension first

2 Likes

Oh, I just learned something new.

2 Likes

it’s up to you

3 Likes

Based on the FAQ/TOS of this site, you just need to tap the like button instead of saying “+1”, “I agree” or smth else

3 Likes

But if you’re out of likes?

2 Likes

Yes we should have cookie reactions
All different flavors of cookies, too

2 Likes

Yes, the emoji cookie is not enough

We should have the sweet nut cookies

2 Likes

Yes.
A yes and no button
A dark mode option (cuzWhyNot)

3 Likes

We definitely need that. A like doesn’t tell you yes or no.

I’m (asking them in hopes that they would be) bringing this to Discourse!

2 Likes

Yeah discourse actually comes with that theme, idk why THT didn’t adjust a few colors on that one like they did with the default instead of just removing it.

6 Likes

Wow this is a good idea.

2 Likes

Let’s keep this on topic please

I’m out.

4 Likes

Discourse is open source you know.

Yes 2 months ago