Random objects into monkeys

Use this template to make awesome bug reports:

Your username:
CoderOfMagic
What kind of device are you using?:
Both an iPhone and iPad, phone is 6/7 and idk about iPad
1 sentence description of the problem (I was doing _________, and then __________ happened):
I came back to a draft and played it after I logged on, and some of the shapes turned into monkeys

Steps that the Hopscotch team can take to reproduce my problem every time:
….

1. Log out/in of an account
  2. Wait for a time to happen
    I expected this to happen:
    The shapes were shapes
    But instead this happened:
    They were monkeys
    Here’s a sweet screenshot:
    Couldn’t get one, sorry. I’ll post one later!
9 Likes

Update the app you created the project on

The draft was created on an older version of Hopscotch – update the characters and the issue should be fixed. I think there may have been an ID change

5 Likes

I don’t see any new updates in the App Store…

3 Likes

Refresh it.

This happened between 3.36.0 and 3.37.0 for what I know. Any draft or project containing fullwidth shapes between these updates may have broken

4 Likes

Just did.

Now I’ll have to wait to see if they become monkeys lol!

Thanks for your help!

3 Likes

They still will because the shapes placed are from an old update, but if you replace them the issue will go away

4 Likes

adding this happens when project gets unpublished

5 Likes

That’s probably a bug that is occurring since you need to update the app.

3 Likes

That’s probably what I said.

Yes, the draft was created in an older version

4 Likes

so basically… they’re monky

5 Likes

I think this usually happens with old drafts. If you publish it, the thumbnail should be updated.

I’ve had this and I don’t really mind it since it goes away as soon as you publish it (at least it usually does for me). As for how to fix the thumbnail in your drafts, I am pretty sure you can publish and then unpublish the project.

As AE said, update the app, but I don’t know if it has been fixed or not.

3 Likes

Basically, only the thumbnail become a monkey, the objects don’t.
Updating the app is a solution.

4 Likes

ive tried updating, and now less drafts do that but some still do

2 Likes

This seems annoying, I’m sorry. Is it fixable? i.e. can you change the characters back into what they should be? And is it tied to a specific old . version and a specific new version? I am wondering whether this is a one-time problem we created that probably wouldn’t be worth fixing now, or if it’s an ongoing annoyance.
Thanks!

4 Likes

That’s okay!

Yep I can! Except for the thumbnail in drafts, it’s always a monkey

Nah, it’s all random

It depends how you look at it. Technically, it is an annoyance, but not a terrible one. It does happen multiple times with a simple fix though :smile:

Thanks!

2 Likes

Link us the drafts, then we can see the draft version, first object, object label, etc. That could really help with the issue :wink:

3 Likes