Rainbow Background Problem

@CodeHelp @GameCodingCrazy123 @tankt2016 @Stylishpoopemoji33 I am making a game with a rainbow background (the FTU smooth one) and trying to make text draw a beige line over it. I’ve tried the send to back and bring to front, but nothing works. Can someone help me? :sunglasses:

15 Likes

Is it a timing issue? Which draws first, the background or the line?

Do they draw at the same time?

8 Likes

Wait for the background to finish then draw

The send to back and bring to front doesn’t help with trail art

7 Likes

How long should I delay it for. The block for the background says repeat forever

6 Likes

Only repeat it until it covers the width.

5 Likes

Yes, @Ultimatetextartist, I would suggest what @GameCodingCrazy123 said. Then, in the code for your beige line, put a wait 1000 milliseconds block. Make that longer if needed.

4 Likes

You can also use variables to get perfect timing. Can you post a link to your project so that we can check it out?

1 Like

Here it is

2 Likes

Okay, thanks! I will take a look at it and get back to you later today, when I will be able to use my iPad.

1 Like

Thanks so much. It really helps me to have other people look at it.

2 Likes

No problem at all! We´re here to help each other in this community.

2 Likes

Here. I’m not sure if this is exactly what you wanted, but it yields pretty much the same result and its much faster than what you previously had

3 Likes

Thank you. I am putting that code in now. I never would of guessed to do it that way.

3 Likes

So, do you still need my help? Or did @FearlessPhoenix fix everything for you?

3 Likes

You’re welcome :slight_smile: lmk if you need anything else.

1 Like

“Send to back” and “Bring to front” don’t work on trails. Remember to draw them in the order you want them. The next trail you draw overlaps all layers.

1 Like

@GameCodingCrazy123, @William04GamerA and @FearlessPhoenix. Look what I made it into!!!
https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/108f5jxxby

6 Likes

Nice job!!

3 Likes

Wow, that is cool! Really nice job.

2 Likes

I saw this! Nice job!

2 Likes