Questions and Help on Projects

forum
howtos

Questions and Help

Do you have a question about something on Hopscotch? Do you need help with a project? This is the place to get help!

If you don't have a question, you can answer other people's questions.

Instead of creating a new topic to ask a question, ask all of your questions here!

Whether you are asking or answering a question, try to use screenshots of your code!

Hey @Madi_Hopscotch_! This is great!

Just a suggestion though, I thought it would be useful too to have all posts on one page, like with my How-To posts so everyone could find it.

But after reading through some of Discourse's guidelines (this forum comes from Discourse I think), I saw they said it would be more useful to have posts in separate topics rather than a lot of replies under one topic.

A few reasons they said were:

• people might not want to scroll all the way down a long page and read through everything
  • having separate topics also makes it easier to search for tips people share
  • because they're all separate and easier to find, people won't have to repeat things in case anyone else missed something

So now we have the How-To category where people can put tips, and the Help With Projects category where people can post questions and it's also easier to find questions in case other people have similar questions too.

And we can reply in a new topic using the +Reply in linked topic button. So those were what Discourse says and I think it makes sense too after reading it.

What do you think? Do you think it would be more useful to have different topics? And thank you for helping and adding to the forum and everything you do :smile:

Yeah, I know. I see now how that would be more helpful and easy to find things and so people don't have to scroll down so much. Thanks for the suggestion! :smirk::relaxed::wink:

I agree

@Madi_Hopscotch_ I agree

lol reviving old topics