Questions about the Halloween challenges

That's a really good idea!

Good question @Giraffedolphin26 in response to your question:

Like @Berrymelon said, the Hopscotch Team will know if you're entring by you putting #HHC in the title :smiley:

I haven't checked Hopscotch yet but I think they should make it #HHC15 for this year if they're still going to go with adding a tag to the title. I think having a temporary tab would be a good idea like @Berrymelon and @SUPERSWAGGY suggested.

Rules are up!

ONE FINAL QUESTION

WHAT IS THE SECRET PRIZE:scream_cat::scream_cat::scream_cat:

Is it NEW character?

Yeah I did! Basically the winners are based on the best for the amount of code. In the begginners catagory I recomend an animation of some sort. For intermidiate you might want to add some extra user interaction.
And for the advanced, well, the sky is the limit with how much code you can have. Litterally, how do you think cosmic cody got into space in the first place?

Hi @chickenlord1501! Haven't seen you for a while and congrats again on winning last year! Cosmic Cody is a really clever name by the way. I wonder, like @SUPERSWAGGY, what the secret prize will be this year....

For the categories, I think just try your best and the Hopscotch Team will put categories accordingly. Also everyone just have fun with it too - that's what matters :smile:

I think this is a very new idea :slightly_smiling:

MANY QUESTIONS. MANY ANSWERS!

1. There is a halloween contest! We call it the Hopscotch Halloween Contest, or HHC15 for short.

2. To enter, publish a project with #HHC15 in the title into the #HHC15 channel (great idea, y'all. we're adding it!). Here's why: we search through the community for entries using that hashtag. If you don't include it, we might not see your project. Last year, the hashtag was just #HHC. We added the "15" to separate this year's entries. Genius, I know.

3. Winners will be chosen in three categories to make the contest more fair. It would be unfair if a brand new Hopscotcher was competing against someone who's been around for 2 years. We'll try our best to judge the level of your project.

4. The prize is secret. (muhahahaha)

5. @chickenlord1501 truth. I'm not sure how Cosmic Cody got into space, but I suspect he worked at it for a long time. And maybe invested in some kind of jet fuel. Anyway, glad you're back.

SEE YOU GUYS IN THE #HHC15 CHANNEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm out.

How many times can we enter? What if we have more than one Halloween entry?

Cosmic Cody Probably coded his way into space.

Also, do you know which project won last time?

@Liza or someone: what if you entered with #hhc15 before the tab was created? :wink:

Yep you can enter multiple times :smiley:

And @CreativeCoder I think you can publish it again just to make sure if you want. No harm in doing so :smile:

Oh no! I forgot the # in #HHC15!! Is it bad? Because otherwise my work will be for nothing!:cold_sweat::cold_sweat:

Couldn't you remix it and reupload?

But it's already past the time limit...:confounded:
Well i'll try it.

Yeah it is but the hopscotch team hasn't said that the competition is now closed and its the end of Thursday in the uk

The end was oct-28. It was in their Halloween announcing project.

@Liza and @t1_hopscotch, a question! :grin:
- My project is about 36 projects down the line if you look up #HHC15--contrary to the fact that it has 400+ views. Will you look at all the projects under #HHC15?
Thanks!

Wouldn't they say when it finishes, like if you live like hours away you might think your Wednesday ( if that makes sense) I'd just try it, your not breaking the rules

@Qubertion yep I'm sure the Hopscotch Team will check all projects with #HHC15 so they don't miss any. Don't worry :smile: