Question about new products

Hello peeps what up!
There is a new block now in the check once ifs, called products. HOW DO YOU USE THEM? It’s like: check once if “(put name here)”

10 Likes

that doesn’t do anything currently

6 Likes

A wattttttt…?

5 Likes

I don’t think it does anything yet. But I can’t have it cause my hopscotch is not updated p!

5 Likes

Ah - we don’t know what they’re there for currently, but I’m sure we’ll find out in a newer update soon enough :wink:

7 Likes

Their currently not in use, but will lead to something in the future, the question is what :wink:

4 Likes

Hmm it doesn’t work yet lol
It will probably be implemented in the next update
And when that happens we can maybe revive this lol

3 Likes

Who knows?

3 Likes

Right now
It dosent do anything

3 Likes

I’ll be excited when it comes out! :P

3 Likes

:man_shrugging:t4:

4 Likes

It is currently, non functional, but they will be used to check if the user has purchased the product though seeds according to the help text (when you hold “New Product”). It cannot be set through code, and its output will either be 0 (not purchased), or 1 (purchased). The help text also hints a new block that isn’t in HS yet: Request Seeds, which is the main reason why products do nothing currently.

4 Likes

I just noticed this. I updated hs only a few days ago for the update projects update but I didn’t notice this was here. I don’t know what it means. If someone answered this before I replied sorry I read the replies after I post.

2 Likes

Sounds mysterious indeed - I think I haven’t updated my Hopscotch, so I have to check this!

3 Likes

Think of it as in-project purchases (similar to in-app purchases). It currently does nothing right now, but it may get functionality soon… we’ll just have to wait and see.

2 Likes

You can actually see the definition by pressing new product.

2 Likes

:+1: Got it

1 Like

Oh yeah now I see the definition thanks

2 Likes

Thanks for all the help peeps!
Maybe leave this open for when this block gets solved?

1 Like

that seems reasonable enough

If i still had reg perms (they removed editing Titles), i would change the title to Products Category [UNSOLVED}

2 Likes