Pushing secret blocks to their limits [CLOSED]

Hey I had a random idea to have everyone with access to secret blocks see how far the blocks can go without running into large problems. I came up with this idea because in my latest project, terraria 2.0 (still need a new name😕), I used the “clone object times _” block to clone a truly massive amount of clones at once and the project had some interesting problems.

I think it would be cool to find out the limits for all the secret blocks, just as a thought experiment.

6 Likes

The limit for clones is 4095

2 Likes

A better way to say that would be to say that the limit for objects is 4096, and that this includes clones.

2 Likes

No the interesting thing is because all the clones are appearing at at once.

That creates some weird effects

And, I didn’t just mean the clone something times block, I mean all secret blocks. Well most.

2 Likes

Like what?

2 Likes

Well one that you would expect is that it slows the game way down, but you can actually see other parts of your code slowly running.

2 Likes

If you can see them slowly running, then it slowed the game down.

2 Likes

It’s interesting…

And what about the other blocks?

Also, what happens if you delete the first post in a topic?

1 Like

Clones are the only secret blocks that really lag the game up

That I know of

1 Like

It deletes the topic.

You can only do it yourself if no one’s posted in it.

It’s a newer feature.

2 Likes

You can’t do it even if nobody’s posted in it.

Huh. Interesting. So, say, I accidentally pressed “create topic” when I was going for cancel, then I could delete the first post and get rid of it?

2 Likes

I believe so. I’m not completely sure.

2 Likes

That’s what E-Pad is for. Let me know if you want to participate in the beta here:
https://forum.gethopscotch.com/t/general-discussion-topic-6-official/52336/8935

1 Like

That happens when using that block

1 Like

@Leaders
I think this topic is done
Pls clive

What? (ok whatever)

Well you said that is what e-pad is for.

1 Like

So we are done here

1 Like

I think AE just meant he’s going to push secret blocks to their limits in E-Pad’s code, not that E-Pad’s purpose is to push secret blocks to their limits.