Pushing button to show popup doesn't work in my game

I been coding a game that should work like when I push a button I coded it to pop up (set invisibility 0) but it didn’t can you explain what happened?

8 Likes

Well the game wasn’t mine I took it from someone else but I did give credit And added things

7 Likes

(I’ve made this its own topic since you’re talking in depth about a problem with your project)

Can you provide a link to the project?

8 Likes

It might just be a z-index/layering issue.

It might also be linked to the bug where blank text that had its image changed to a non-text image is permanently invisible until the size is defined again.

8 Likes

Well I am not done yet but I can show you a video also I am not premium so I can’t put in images
@Awesome_E and @Crosbyman64

7 Likes

Sounds good! You can upload a video here, or you can open the project file using this tool and find the UUID by scrolling to the project info box.

Once you do that, feel free to tag me

9 Likes

we don’t allow google drive link’s for privacy reasons – but feel free to use catbox.moe instead!

9 Likes

Well then try

6 Likes

I meant the images Hopscotch has like characters and basic shapes, not custom images (which cost 50 seeds (regardless of sub as of now. I have the old sub, so I don’t need to pay 50 seeds for every project)…

5 Likes

Oh, I think I know what happened. It’s an ongoing bug where shapes are sometimes not clickable. Quitting Hopscotch and reopening it is the only way to fix that.

If you run into this issue, add a start sound block in the code to see if it is actually being ran. It’ll help you debug what went wrong. Also, the project’s background turning black is a strong indicator that something went wrong in your project.

Also, I recommend you also make it so it also runs that code when the text is tapped, to make it more user friendly.

3 Likes

@Awesome_E can you view it and try to see what didn’t work?

3 Likes

It’s really hard to tell what’s not working as there is no other indication that the magenta block actually ran or not…

2 Likes

Oh Thank you

2 Likes

I many times had an issue like this, where every single button in my spring 2021 seed game stopped working completely, other than the text objects. I had to exit the app to fix that. It happens very randomly.

Maybe the upcoming webplayer 2.0 will make it less likely to occur…

4 Likes

Thank you @Crosbyman64

3 Likes

Looks like @Crosbyman64 beat me to it!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.