Publishing Project Glitch

Use this template to make awesome bug reports:

Your username: BlastFusion

What kind of device are you using?: Air 2

1 sentence description of the problem Publishing my project, when the thumbnail was just a white screen

Steps that the Hopscotch team can take to reproduce my problem every time:

1. Open https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/10x683cdgc as a draft
  2. Tap publish
  3. You’ll notice that the text and trail art goes away. It’s just a blank white screen. I was forced to make the thumbnail the front screen.

Furthermore, when I cancel this publication and return to the game, it stops functioning smoothly — texts are replaced with black quadrilaterals, and iPad presses are not detected.
….

I expected this to happen:
The scene on screen before tapping publish to directly transfer to the thumbnail.

But instead this happened:
White screen on thumbnail.

Here’s a sweet screenshot:
Didn’t really do it, but my explanations have described the issue in its entirety, and I expect that the reader understands nevertheless.

Note - music was playing when I tapped publish. Perhaps this feature relates to the issue.

10 Likes

huh, I’ve never had this happen. you’re iPad Air 2? what version of iOS and hopscotch?

4 Likes

ah, so it’s like a new variant of the white screen bug?

3 Likes

Hmm something similar happened to me when publishing snowball fight. There were huge snowflake images appearing

2 Likes

Yes, it appears so

iOS 13.3.1

Hopscotch 3.41.2

4 Likes

I’m running the same iOS and hopscotch versions-maybe device age?

3 Likes

I have a newer iPad

3 Likes

The size of the project would influence this. This project is massive, which probably explains it.

Maybe you could test it on your device. Tap publish, and see what the thumbnail looks like

1 Like

I can’t rn, im on a laptop

2 Likes

Sure

1 Like

I don’t appear to have an issue

3 Likes

Weird. I have never heard about or experienced this. I hope that it will be fixed!

2 Likes

What happens is that a block freezes the project or something weird happens with setting an image, and when you press “Share,” the next frame/image renders.

1 Like

That’s the only scene I could do. The battle scene or the main screen would render a white image or missing objects.

3 Likes

This happened to me today too.

3 Likes

It is possible; THT has changed thumbnails for projects such as contest winners and their getting started project before.

Btw, what happened to your “save and exit” button?

3 Likes

It’s a remix.

3 Likes