Published-then-unpublished project disappears after logging out

Your user name: tankt2016

What kind of device are you using?: iPad 6th Gen

1 sentence description of the problem (I was doing _________, and then __________ happened): I published and unpublished a project to get a link, then logged out and back in, and when I logged back in, the project had disappeared.

Steps that the Hopscotch team can take to reproduce my problem every time:

1. Publish and unpublish project and don’t enter the unpublished draft
  2. Log out and then back in
  3. Project has disappeared

I expected this to happen:
I expected the project to be there.

But instead this happened:
It had disappeared, and in its place was a blank draft.

Here’s a sweet screenshot:
I’m not sure if there’s any point in screenshotting a missing project.

The project draft was called “Website” and was a (blank) website with a watermelon color scheme. It deleted itself just now. Is it possible to recover it?

11 Likes

That happens, always, for unpublished projects that you don’t open and make changes to before logging out. Its been like that for a really long time

If you have the link, you can recover it. Otherwise, there no way to recover it that I know of.

6 Likes

I had grabbed the link, but then I forgot I’d copied it and copied something else, which was why I logged back in.
Is there a way to see a history of copied things?
Or will some project file still be in my files?

4 Likes

There may be a way to see copy history. You’d have to search up how tho, idk off the top of my head.

Checking out all of your files and opening them through the files app is worthwhile for sure.

5 Likes

If it were still in the files app, would it be a metadata or json file?

2 Likes

I might be able to help. give me some time and I can tag you if I come up with anything

2 Likes

fearless is wrong there is no way to recover copy history. but, I may be able to help you recover it

2 Likes

It’d be a json file I believe

Under project-json or something like that in the hs folder in files.

4 Likes

my ipad is dead so i’ll have to charge it before testing my theory. also, @Awesome_E and @William04GamerA i’ll end up needing your help, as you two have coded in shortcuts before

4 Likes

It would be in project_json.

3 Likes

oh yeah!!! most projects do save to there :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

if it isnt I can try to get AE and Will to help me do a little test in shortcuts

4 Likes

I’ve got two files in the json folder thingy. Both say “Today at 4:04pm,” which was around the time the project was deleted.
If I took that text before the period, and put it after https://c.gethopscotch/p/ would that create the link to the project?

3 Likes

I just tried, with both filed the server couldn’t be found.

3 Likes

Probably, yes.

Or just click the files. It’ll open up in hs

4 Likes

oh okay. yeah for me it didn’t do anything

3 Likes

Because they’re deleted/unpublished.
It won’t work in a web browser.

Paste them on the forum and then open them in hs.

3 Likes

oh. thats why mine didn’t work. im on a computer

3 Likes

Oh oops

They’re not opening in hopscotch, and if I press and hold the links won’t give me the option to open them in Hopscotch…

3 Likes

You also have the wrong link

Try this:
https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/10nblmdfwv

3 Likes