Projects broken until you enter and quit editor

On my iPad, my surfing project (Wave Runner #hopolympics #creatives by _ShevaKadu/inactive :|) doesn’t allow me to die/drown upon touch the MAIN waves (the less transparent ones) UNLESS you go to the editor and rewrite the When Bumps code IN THE EXACT SAME WAY:

(Video) IMG_0077

Please find a fix for this bug as it is really annoying and broke basicallly all of my projects which I have published

7 Likes

Hi! I’ve just fixed it for you and remixed it… Fixed by Guest1162372 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I did that a thousand times

2 Likes

But it works now right?

2 Likes

It still doesn’t D: that’s real weird

2 Likes

I believe this collision bug is caused by the text not drawing properly, as opposed to the shapes. Have you tried this yet?

Set text to :surfing_woman: should re-render the hit box

4 Likes

Okay let’s see :thinking:

3 Likes

Yes it did work! THT should probably notice this problem as it breaks a lot of my projects :expressionless:

3 Likes

Yeah, the text is still totally broken. I’ve worked on a few fixes myself, but not the whole “drawing on the second frame” issue yet since that’s a super tough one to tackle.

With some searching, it looks like this topic describes the exact same bug, though the method to reproduce isn’t very detailed either. I might be able to turn this into a bug report tomorrow or some time later though

4 Likes

hold up….
IT SOMETIMES WORKS AND SOMETIMES DOESN’T!?

1 Like

Emojis also load differently than text. The only fix I can think of currently is to just copy and paste that set text block so it runs twice, which imo is not a great way to fix something but it should work.

4 Likes

WAIT WAHT IVE BEEN WORKING ON a project with emojis and it broke and now your saying that?!!

2 Likes

Yeah that’s annoying

1 Like

Yeah this happened to my #summer21 project (at least it happened to me)

1 Like