Project thumbnails as profile pics (in app)?

What if it was possible to set the thumbnail of one of your projects as your profile picture on the app?
There could be a button for it in the ••• menu in the project—

—and when tapped, the project’s thumbnail would be set as your avatar (maybe formatted like the square thumbnail would be if it was set as your forum profile pic— not all of it shown because the pfp shape is a circle, not a square).

14 Likes

First reply and first like :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Oof I could have taken first reply but I didn’t think to

4 Likes

Hmm, the thing is, everyone should ONLY make projects so they can have the thumbnail as their pfp and people shouldn’t make GAMES

3 Likes

Interesting but that could be a sub thing imo

Pfps would have to be modded too for nothing inappropriate

3 Likes

How would they have to be changed? What I see is just taking the project’s screenshot and turning it into a custom avatar, which requires approval.

5 Likes

True for the sub but how much more work would it be to mod it for people without the sub? Unless it’s a sub feature only, but then a screenshot could just be taken

2 Likes

I thought that being subscriber only was implied by being a way to get a custom avatar.

4 Likes

No they wouldn’t, as long as the projects on Hopscotch are moderated (since the pfp would be part of the project).

3 Likes

Forgot about that until after I posted

2 Likes

This is a super great idea!!

4 Likes

Cool!
Could I add that you could only do this with the subscription?

2 Likes

Yeah, it could be a subscription feature.

2 Likes

But if you did, would the button turn into a reverse button if it was already applied?

What would it reverse your pfp to, if that button existed?

1 Like

I have suggested an Hopscotch editor for your profile picture but this would most likely be much easier and perhaps neater to implement. Nice idea! :+1:t2:

2 Likes

I would reverse it back to the original thumbnail from before you made your PFP the thumbnail.

1 Like

So this is going to be a sub feature only, but then they already have the ability to create custom pfp.

Isn’t it the same as taking a screenshot of the thumbnail?

2 Likes

As a person with a sub, I can assure you that we don’t need it. Like @CodingRoyale said, we can take screenshots of the thumbnail and personally, I don’t think I would want my pfp to be a thumbnail.

2 Likes