Project Drafts Not Loading (OPEN)

Use this template to make awesome bug reports:

Your username: TeamEXAngus

What kind of device are you using?: iPad

1 sentence description of the problem
I was making a project, and then it stopped loading when I pressed play.

Steps that the Hopscotch team can take to reproduce my problem every time:

1. I’m not sure. It happens randomly.

I expected this to happen:
I expected my project to load.

But instead this happened:
It displayed the white loading screen, and didn’t load.

Here’s a sweet screenshot:
Posting from a different device. I might be able to get one later.

**Additional Info: **
This has happened to multiple projects. I was coding, running the project to see if it did what I wanted, and then changing code more. It would (seemingly) randomly stop loading when I pressed play. There was no way that I could get it to work.

6 Likes

Ah yes, this is already a bug called the white screen bug! Sadly there is no solution yet, but @tankt2016 could you tag this user in that topic? Thanks!

3 Likes

This topic?

1 Like

Yee, thank you!

Are the problems kinda similar?

2 Likes

Yeah kinda, except the bug in the topic I linked, that one stopped in the middle of the project, not at the start.

1 Like

Hey there, thanks!

Can you send us a log?

Here’s how:

1. If your computer is a Mac:
  2. Sync your iPad to a computer using Apple’s directions
  3. Open a Finder window and select Go to Folder… from the Go menu (or press Shift-Command-G). A dialog box should appear.
  4. Copy and paste the following into the box and press the Return key:
    ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice
  5. Open the folder name of the device you’ve synced.
  6. Select the most recent or relevant crash logs. The name of each log file will include the app, the date and time the file was created, and the device, such as:
    Hopscotch_2015-05-07-042617_iPad.crash
  7. Attach the log files in reply to us

If your computer is Windows:

1. Sync your iPad to a computer using Apple’s directions
  2. Open Windows Explorer.
  3. Copy and paste the following into the address bar and press the Enter key:
    %APPDATA%\Apple Computer\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice\
  4. Open the folder name of the device you’ve synced.
  5. Select the most recent or relevant crash logs. The name of each log file will include the app, the date and time the file was created, and the device, such as:
    Hopscotch_2015-05-07-042617_iPad.crash
  6. Attach the log files in a reply to us

email: hello@gethopscotch.com

6 Likes

I’ve got it before tons of times, usually with big projects. Just exit the project then re enter and it works.

3 Likes

Yeah same. Or publish/unpublish.

1 Like

There is a solution: my webplayer fix
@tankt2016 @Silverdolphin @TeamEXAngus

1 Like

It’s the same as the bug I reported, I believe. Many existing projects, escpecially drafts, will freeze because of a blank set text or image.

This issue causes projects to either freeze right after played or will cause the project to be unable to to load. @awesomeonion @Ana @TeamEXAngus this is technically a duplicate of my topic

2 Likes

I had the bug in February though, before the latest update, are you sure that’ll fix it?

2 Likes

Maybe, it!s worth a try, this bug does cause things to stop, loading as the title suggests. The creator may have a set text blank in frame 1

1 Like

I believe it may be the text bug. I didn’t even connect it with the bug, because I’ve done it before without error. They must have changed something

1 Like

Yes, they tried to make set width and height adapt to the new image size, so any blank set text or image eill cause the javascript to panic and the project will freeze.

1 Like