Problems uploading

Your username: Awesome_E

What kind of device are you using?: a device with hopscotch on the latest version (air4)

1 sentence description of the problem (I was doing _________, and then __________ happened): I saved a project, and the upload cloud appeared.

Steps that the Hopscotch team can take to reproduce my problem every time:

1. Save a draft of Minigames 2, or any project over 1 MB.
  2. Add an empty text object, or really just enter the project.
  3. Exit the project, and it won’t upload to the server.
    ….

I expected this to happen: no cloud icon

But instead this happened: cloud icon saying it didn’t upload

Here’s a sweet screenshot:

I presume this is because the old limit was 1MB when gzipped, and that the request is not gzipping the contents but trying to send over 1MB of raw data.

16 Likes

Awesome e: bug reports

Everyone: checks projects in draft screenshots

8 Likes

Lol definitely, I smiled when I saw the name of the platformer.

1MB isn’t that big tho, is it?

6 Likes

that’s the problem, it should be fine with 1mb

6 Likes

Yeah I figured

You guys already know I am working on those though.

7 Likes

Yes I have this problem about 10 days ago when I have beta editor

2 Likes

Oh no, i am predicting a new project here, bear with me
I don’t understand the topic yet because im not a real coder yet

2 Likes

I keep on getting this cloud too… so when I have no internet, I can’t work on it…

1 Like

Hopefully you’ll be soon!

2 Likes

This be noticeably weird
(Wait they get compressed when being uploaded huh)

1 Like

Search “gzip encoding” – it’s commonly used in web requests

2 Likes

I think the project might be that the uploading times out after 30 seconds (controlled on the app-side). I’ve increased the limit to 300 seconds for the next release.

If you want to test this out I can do a public beta with this fix, or you can wait a couple of weeks until we release the next update.

9 Likes

Interesting — however I found that the blue cloud shows up immediately instead of trying to upload, so I don’t think it’s a time out

4 Likes

I have the same problem too

5 Likes

I’m not sure, but I think our networking library does some sort of optimization to make it fail immediately if it’s clear that the upload won’t complete in under 30 seconds (or maybe the timeout is set to a shorter time). I did make a large project that instantly failed to upload in the production version, but was able to upload when the timeout was changed.

We’ll find out with the next release!

6 Likes

That’s interesting – I’m thinking that is why the old limit for g-zipped files was 1MB?

Either way that’s cool if it fixes the issue!

5 Likes

Happens to me all the time. I tap the cloud and it returns again. How to fix it? A mystery.

3 Likes

Yes this has happened to me a little while ago. But it’s usually because my project is to big

Is there a planned release date for this next update? (@AwesomeOnion)

1 Like

This problem is fixed after I reinstalled Hopscotch.

1 Like