Problem in HS ( Hopscotch)

My problem is that it kicks me out of HS and I have shut my IPad but it still kicks me out sometimes when I’m doing, coding, checking someone else projects and playing and it kicks me out sometimes and this happens a lot when I’m liking someone’s project it says can connect to your server and my internet is good. Do any of you has the same problem?

From Cutedogs1

12 Likes

I’m assuming you meant “cannot connect to your server”

This happens from time to time. Sometimes the server goes down for an unknown reason, but don’t worry, server crashes like these will be fixed soon.

When the app kicks you out, that is most likely a sign that the app crashed.

You can try one of these things to see if any will work:

• Quit Hopscotch and open it back up
  • Restart your device (hold the power button and home button until you see the Apple logo on screen)
10 Likes

I’m not sure why this happened a lot when a few years ago but for me it’s fixed. Sometimes it’s your wifi.

1 Like

With the likes I do it says that a lot. But kick wise it only happens on monster project and lag tests for me

2 Likes

Thank you I have shut down my IPad but still it happens and how much days I have to quit?

1 Like

Oh okay thanks but if this happens I check my WiFi and it’s connected and ask my brother if his wifi is good and his WiFi’s is good

1 Like

For me, coding a monster project after restarting it multiple times (for testing purposes) only causes the project to womp. The only time the app ever crashed on me is when the memory overload (I cannot prove that this was the cause of crashing).

2 Likes

Do you get a message saying “Womp! Something went wrong”, “Whoops! We couldn’t download this project”, or something else?

2 Likes

Yes I get that msg

1 Like

Which one of those?

2 Likes

All apps will crash occasionally and hs has gotten better at avoiding it in the last couple of years so something might just lag or i find when you switch wifis in the middle of something it will crash. How frequently is this happening?

1 Like

I get “ Womp! Something went wrong Whoops! We couldn’t download the project.

1 Like

I got an other problem the problem is that normally I went to the Forum from the app but now when I go to Forum from the app it loads and then says Restricted Website. And now I went to the Forum by google.

1 Like

What date do you enter in if its anything above 2001 i think it wont let u in u have to write 1999 or smth

1 Like

Oh, okay. For me, it can happen at times, but not often. It usually helps for me to exit the project and try to simply play it again.

This sounds like the person that is in control of your device has restricted the Hopscotch forum or the Discourse app (if that’s what you mean with “I go to the forum from the app”. You should ask anyone that has control over your device if any websites are restricted.

Here are some things you can check to troubleshoot:

• Is it a device you got from school, or do you know of any family restrictions on the device or on your router? If so, some web pages might be restricted. Ask your guardians for help!
  • What numbers are you getting here? If these numbers are low or unstable, it could be your internet connection.

You can also ask a parent to email help@gethopscotch.com. That is the email to The Hopscotch Team, and they will surely be able to help you.

I hope that this helps!

2 Likes

The Restricted problem got fixed and Thank you I will try again on the first one.

2 Likes

Great to hear! Do you think that I can close this topic then?

3 Likes

Sure why not

1 Like

Alright! Just let me (or any other leader) know if you ever want this reopened!