Private Projects

i already feel left out here :broken_heart:

Ahh so relatable

I thought it had to be approved by a real person?

But I’m that case we’d just rely on other people to report the project, which doesn’t always happen anyways right

Correct

Possibly yes, but if it’s a bot, then it could miss some stuff

Sooo there wouldn’t be much of a difference as to if a project would get taken down if its private or public

If I follow correctly, yes

Ohhhh ok, I think I misunderstood the first bit (how you’d be sharing these) then. I thought you meant the project would be private to you and whichever Hops you wanted. So you could specify in the project setting or something that it’d be a project only viewable by (and thus shared with) me and gwe (for example), and then we’d be the only ones to see that project. Kinda like PMing but via hs projects or something.

So did you mean it’d be like a published draft or something that was private to your account but could be shared with irl people that didn’t have the app?

Either way, there’s only so much the filter and THT can do. Modding the private projects while also doing everything else, especially for such a small team, would be super hard,

6 Likes

I saw it as something to share like texting irl friends a project that’d you don’t want shown under your profile, not sharing with other in the app.

4 Likes

Nice it’s cool, but a bit dangerous

1 Like

this is a cool concept! moderating it could be a lil hard, so maybe instead, a cool feature could be tagging someone on the app when you publish a project, somewhat like how we tag ppl on the forum, so the person that u tag gets notified on hs (and it’d appear in the user’s notifications, but no one else can see who u tag, so no one’s feelings get hurt), but everyone can still see the project? i guess it’s easier to moderate it that way and still share projects with specific users, without ppl feeling left out
idk just a random idea :sweat_smile:
sorry if this makes no sense

6 Likes

Pretty nice idea, but can be misused.

5 Likes

This would make collabs a lot easier!

1 Like

It’s a cool idea for collabs and birthday presents. As long as people don’t start cutting down too much on public projects, it would be really cool to have! And of course, moderation also has to be figured out.

7 Likes

Sharing that is like sharing a draft, pretty much. But it also follows the filter, image moderation, etc.

With it potentially being a sub-only feature like other web services, I don’t see that being a problem, especially since they would not receive as many likes/plays/etc. for private projects.

4 Likes

Yeah, that is actually true. However, as it’s more personal but still hidden (you’d probably get an in-app notification if someone shared a project with you), it potentially opens up an opportunity for peer-to-peer bull.ying. But this can happen with regular projects too.

3 Likes

I thought we specified that user sharing was not a part of this feature request

2 Likes

I agree! Kind of like how YouTube videos can be “unlisted”, so only people with a link could see it. This would be good for collabs or beta testing!

3 Likes

yes

@ttruong you don’t share it with someone on the app, it’d be like a project basically hidden from your profile (like in the filter) and only you share the link to people

I can misuse a sticker if I try hard enough;)

not exactly as I think only the creator should be able to edit the project so that there aren’t a bunch of private remixes that start a chat or something

5 Likes