Private Projects

I think you should have the ability to make projects public or private, this way if it’s a personal project then you can just share it with whom you wish to (e.g. if it’s a birthday card then send a text to the person you want to send it to)

• yes
  • no
  • eh

0 voters

by the way keeping it as a draft won’t work because:
— you’d need to fetch the uuid (hard for some users who haven’t known about E’s shortcut or other methods of getting it)
— people won’t be able to see it unless they have hopscotch downloaded (they can open it up on the web browser if the project is actually published)

17 Likes

That’s a pretty cool idea actually!

3 Likes

No it’s hard to moderate and it can lead to chats with inappropriate stuff

4 Likes

Awesome idea!

This reminds me of YouTube because you can private your videos and control who sees them.

3 Likes

it could be filter checked by THT? and only you and the people you share it with can see it, along with the only person being able to edit it is you—it wouldn’t be remixable for privacy reasons

4 Likes

Chats?

3 Likes

Yes

C H A T S

2 Likes

Still there’s easy ways to bypass the filter

2 Likes

(view what I edited on)

1 Like

You could disable chats, but from what I read, it sounds like sharing projects privately. Of course, there should be a filter to prevent any inappropriate information and PI from spreading.

1 Like

I’m not saying it’s not a good idea, it is an amazing idea and I would love it!

But still, it could lead to CoA and other stuff

1 Like

we are doing CoA right now

1 Like

But it’s not CoF, that would be both

1 Like

How would it be used for chats? You can’t send it TO someone else, update it currently, or anything, and if you post another project with a link to that one, it doesn’t really make a difference since that would mean it’s made public anyways.

But I could see private projects as a subscriber only thing, like many companies do, including repl, GitHub (you can have free private repos but you get a lot less functionality), etc.

3 Likes

that would be CoFaA

2 Likes

“Hey”

“What’s up?”

And yeah that kind of projects

That’s why we have a forum

correct, you can only send a link—like a view only mode, no one except the creator can edit the code

3 Likes

Wait so you mean it’s sharing by url? I though it was like an app built-in feature

Then there’s no prob

2 Likes

And? If you have them, THT can still see them, and the only way it could lead to outside communication is the same as if it were a public project.

Oh – yeah private as in you can only access by link but no sending to anyone

2 Likes

precisely

2 Likes