Polls from the Hopscotch Curators

Hey Hopscotchers! We are curators on Hopscotch, you can check out our topic here: Hopscotch Curators! We find projects on Hopscotch to feature, and we would like some feedback on how we are doing.

What types of projects would you like to see more on featured?

• Pixel Art
  • Trail Art
  • Games
  • Movies
  • Music
  • Other (please comment below!)

0 voters

Do you think there are certain people that are featured too often?

• Yes
  • No
  • Sometimes

0 voters

How are the quality of featured projects?

• Great
  • Okay
  • Bad

0 voters

How often do you check featured?

• A lot (more than daily)
  • Often (daily)
  • Sometimes (weekly)
  • Not often (monthly)
  • Never

0 voters

How do you feel when your project is featured?

• Awesome
  • Meh
  • Bad

0 voters

Are the projects on featured interesting and fun?

• Always
  • Sometimes
  • Not always
  • Never

0 voters

If you have any comments or suggestions on how to improve featured, please let us know. You can also nominate projects for featured in this topic: Nominations for Featured! Thank you! :smiley:

Nice topic! I know you guys will do great. Thanks for listening to us :slight_smile:

I said other other for 2 beacuase I’ve never had a featured…
I don’t know what it feels like

I chose “other” because I’ve never had a project featured so I don’t know what it feels like. XD

I’m mostly indifferent about featured, but…

off topic

Um could you take a look at this project I made?

Some of the stuff on featured is remixes of previously featured games, in which the original creator gets no recognition. Asides from that, most involve images, which can lead to the assumption that you have to have the subscription to get featured and that if you don’t have it or can’t get it, you may as well not try.

Ive never been featured

I think that featured is in a good posistion currently.

I think featured is doing absolutely amazing right now! So many great projects :D

hi! first off: congrats to both of you on your new positions! :DDD
two: I think featured is in decent shape.
third: I’m probably going to be shunned for this lol but every once in awhile, I’d like to see some art on featured. yes, I understand that HS is a coding app, but art is a big part of the community too. thank you.

I wouldn’t know…but trending…well, specifically rising felt amazing.

Mostly…like 95% of the time.

We definitely see the problem with that, and we apologize for when we make that mistake. It can be difficult sometimes to realize that it is a copied project!

I know how it happens. It happens when switching accounts.
If you switch too quickly, your drafts on the account you WERE on will transfer over to the account you ARE on. Sometimes it even removes the remix symbol. Then, the person who switched accounts can claim it as their own.

There is a much easier way to do it.

Unpublished project?

Here’s a remixed project on featured:

Here are some projects I found on newest:

Here are their counterparts on featured:

It happens frequently(the remix tab vanishing) is what. I’m trying to point out with the last four. I did not do it to accuse; only to show it happens.

You may have found a way by now, but if I find a cool project and I have a suspicion that it is a remix, I usually search that title or keywords in the game and the game might come up from someone else.

Unfortunately I see it a lot. Some people actually have projects that say they emailed the Hopscotch team about the issue because they are afraid they would be called hackers because of the glitch.

I wonder if THT could instead store the Original Creator on the server instead of locally, in the json file.

Yep! That’s what we’ve been doing to try to help this issue. Thanks for mentioning it! :slight_smile: