I just ran a couple quick tests with the Mountain Lake project (72x120). I was able to increase the JSON file size about 30% (82x137). Hopscotch doesn’t inflate the size and it now uploads. I also tried an increase of about 93% (100x167). This file is 2.6MB but does not upload. Previously I was able to upload a file just over 3MB, but I’m assuming that’s because the gzip compression % was greater for the un-pretty-printed format.
I’m really surprised at how few votes there were for fixing “Project stops working after a while with a text object that is keeping score”. I find it really annoying and restricting.
This could mean:
- There’s something about the root cause that makes it specific to only a sub-group of users
- Many voters didn’t understand the correlation between your description and when the screen goes white while they’re playing a project
Since “File size of app is getting too large” has many votes, I’ll mention that I observed the screenshots folder to be quite large before I reinstalled the app a few weeks ago. Based on the folder contents, I’d spectulate that when a project is played images are added to this folder and don’t get removed, building up over time.
And finally, here’s an additional list of issues that weren’t included as options in the poll. Personally, I would have picked either the 1st or 2nd item from this list as a desired fix:
- Spurious simultaneous bumps (don’t work right)
- Significant decrease in FPS with a few hundred clones
- New, smaller limit with Rails 5 for project load size (not really a bug, but a new limitation none the less)
- Null frame when exiting When Pressed rule
- Objects don’t always appear when project is played
- Dithered Text/emojis/characters (blurry when zoomed in)
- Slow start on first play (FPS takes a second to come up to speed)
- Significant lag when collision(s) are near but not yet touching
- Long text strings without spaces don’t wrap
- phantom bubble in Editor when scrolling left/right when bubble is highlighted
- Editor does not index to next bubble after selecting value