Pokémon RPG betatesting

The title is kinda vague, so I’ll elaborate. The game will be turn-based in combat, kinda similar to Final Fantasy and Golden Sun in terms of battle mechanics, but with Pokémon as characters and (of course) Pokémon moves.

Open-world concept, with a series of screens that make up the world. To access certain locations, you may need to have a certain HM move. (Anyone who has played a Pokémon game knows what that is lol.)

Unlike the Pokémon games and more like Lunar: Silver Star Story, however, the world will be inhabited by NPCs with oftentimes absurd dialogue, and they will interact with the player characters in the funniest manner (obviously not inappropriately), causing you to want to talk with everyone. Maybe a few requests from needy and egotistical NPCs, too…?

Also unlike Pokémon, you will have four characters in battle at all times, from the very start. Like SNES Final Fantasy III, I guess.

To sum it up, this will be a mix of the best elements from a number of games.

I’ve had this idea for a while, and finally decided to make it on Hopscotch. Honestly, I can’t believe The Pokemon Company or Gamefreak hasn’t made something like this yet.

I’m definitely accepting ideas anyone may have. I’ll be using images for this, unless someone wants to create dozens of Pokémon sprites lol.

A link will be provided when I have one to give.

Will you beta?
  • Sure! I’ll beta for this amazing idea of a game!
  • Nah, I’m good.
  • Accidentally voted cuz I’m a noob.

0 voters

Fenicians (sorry if I forgot anyone)

@C.H.Rissole
@CB_Studios
@Unamed-Account
@Petrichor
@waffle
@Nobody
@Temm
@PumpkinGirl
@asianninja
@Aqua
@DolphinGirl7
@Kaila808
@GOATGAMES
@100_LoveCats
@FearlessPhoenix
@0Author-Detective0
@sophia
@Stylishpoopemoji33
@Dogicing
@LunarEclispe
@ALBUS
@The_Electogenius
@Rod
@GweTV
@Fenith
@Willowmoon
@roam1
@ttruong
@creationsofavillager
@Dragonmaster101
@The_Wild_Fox
@DaughterOfHecate
@Mb248
@Bruh2341
@Cherry_Red
@Slothy

20 Likes

I’m a noob

5 Likes

I love the idea, but don’t love that I’m not on the tag list as of now :eyes:

6 Likes

That sounds amazing!

5 Likes

Wow, really good idea! But I think I got dropped off the tag list :slightly_frowning_face:

4 Likes

I would love to help! I’m planning to make an RPG too!

4 Likes

I changed it for you

5 Likes

Ok let’s not…

3 Likes

I haven’t played any of the games you mentioned

3 Likes

Hehe, ok

2 Likes

Whatever you say lol.

Thanks! I hope it will turn out amazing!

Thanks guys! In February, I’ll officially have a tag list, but for now, I’m just manually putting down the names of everyone who voted to join my tag list and tagging them. Unfortunately, I was in a hurry, so I might’ve missed some people. Sorry.

Cool! My hope is that this project will be totally amazing!

That’s fine. :)) I do t think anyone played all the games from which elements I’m using for it. Though I have to recommend Golden Sun if you like RPGs, it’s a great game.

5 Likes

I would love to beta. This sounds very fun!

4 Likes

I’m noob cuz i never played this kind of game lol

2 Likes

How do you purchase images for one project? I got some seeds, I just don’t know how to do it without having to subscribe.

4 Likes

you try to import an image then it brings a popup screen

I think

4 Likes

I honestly have no idea - I have the subscription so I can’t really check :eyes:

4 Likes

Now that I have images, I can finally get to work.

Is there a max number of images in a project before it gets really laggy?

3 Likes

@Fenith will it be like Randomnia?

1 Like

Idk lol. If it is, totally coincidental, since I have no idea what that is.

To the beta testers (too lazy to tag lol): Here’s the link to the project. https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/11f4hokbtr

Not really much to look at, lol.

Does anyone know how to keep the “don’t show this again” from popping up?

2 Likes

no it’s to prevent people from repeating the save input block forever

2 Likes