Pokemon Gen 1: Remake?

It’s an awesome game, the code is very impressive! Your last featured game though was only 2 weeks ago and we try to make sure that one person isn’t featured within 4 weeks of their last feature. This way there is a variety of featured Hopscotchers and newer Hops have a chance to get featured as well! :smiley:

Ahh, that makes sense. Thanks!

I’m just worried that it will get featured next year which I don’t exactly like for a particular reason…

Got featured two weeks in a row…NVM.

First thing I would do is rewrite the code to avoid all the repeat forever loops. I haven’t found a specific reason it crashes yet, but all the continuously running loops to check conditionals, Set Visibility, and Bring to Front can’t be good. Code with rules instead. Set the Z orders at the beginning and then leave them be. Change the visibility of objects only as needed. Uses rules with when Scene = x.5 Also avoid coding 2 rules where one is = and the other is not =. One or the other is always running that way too.

Would using and in conditionals help? Also use check Else if possible.
@BlastFusion

I don’t know if I’m making a version 2 but If i am, i will only make objects invisible and visible when necessary, instead of looping checks.

Well wouldn’t that require checks? Unless if you use when tapped.

Yes, I would just use taps instead.

Do you want me to test the lag comparison between checks and tapped?

I think I can handle it myself, thanks

:eyes::point_down:

Instead of just setting the scene to the desired integer. First set it to x.5. E.g. Instead of 3 set it to 2.5 first, then 3 in the very next block. Now, you can used When rules that trigger the visibility changes on 2.5 since it only needs to run once per scene change (it only runs once if you immediately change the scene variable to the next whole number)

Yes, @MR.GAM3R already did this. You too must think very similar.

I just don’t know if I should make a version 2. MR.GAM3R already did clean up a lot, and there are only a few scene dependent loop Visibility rules left, but changing these few that are left, will it make a big difference?

Ugh, I just don’t know. Should I make these changes even though about 80% of the dependent Visibility rules were already altered as appropriately?

• Yes, just do those few more
  • No, I guess it won’t make a big difference
  • Yes, and I know more ways to make your project faster and crash less.

0 voters

No, I didn’t come up with that method, he posted it here first:

http://forum.gethopscotch.com/t/tunnels-of-terror-3-work-in-progress/35156/156?source_topic_id=38665

So once the invisibility fade is done you increase scene by 0.5 right?
@MR.GAM3R wow it’s confusing. I don’t get when you tap back button and go back in scene.

http://forum.gethopscotch.com/t/tunnels-of-terror-3-work-in-progress/35156/156?source_topic_id=38665&source_topic_id=38665
Seriously I am wasting my time. This doesn’t work. Because some things go invisible before others and the scene changes and ect. , it’s just too confusing.

I don’t even know if I can fix this game…

It’s too confusing. I don’t know if I should do it…

Umm… I don’t think so. Different objects take different times to do their scene change actions…

I don’t think either of you understand that there are more inbetween animations than just invisibility changes.

If you want fade in/out animations, then you can try something like this:

// for objects with animation
When scene == X.1 {
  Animation
  Increase Scene by 0.1
}

// for objects with no animation. Set invisibility after the animations are complete.
When scene == X.2 {
  Invisible/Visible
  Increase Scene by 0.8
}

So now you’re going into more complex non-integers. I’m still confused.

Wait,I don’t get the point of this, is this combining scene change with Invisibility?