Please help me get noticed!

un_noticed
notice-me-senpai

PLZ HELP!

I want to get noticed on Hopscotch the app! But its like nobody sees what I do! I think I make pretty decent projects, but I hardly get any views or likes because I feel hardly anybody knows me! And I only have a few Hopscotch friends, so I don't get that many likes from people that know me there, because, once again, HARDLY ANYONE KNOWS ME!!! PLZ HELP!!! :sob:

Okay, I get the feeling…about this time a little over a year ago, I hoped to get a few likes on a project. But, Hopscotch is not all about popularity. I’ll give you some suggestions though based on personal experience:

1. Remix less. A lot of people don’t follow people who remix a lot.
  2. Go and make friends with some people on here. There are a lot of famous Hopscotchers that will like your projects if they are good. Don’t ask them too though…just wait for the day that they do.
  3. Spend time making your projects. Work on all the details.
  4. Like other people’s projects…including the popular people

OK, thanks for the tips, @sophia71205 ! Your advice is better than any other advice I’ve found on Hopscotch so far! THX :grinning::grin::grin:

It’s not really about being popular btw

I personally think that you do not need to focus on Hopscotch popularity.
But I get what you mean: you still want people to know who you are.

I would say, as mentioned, to make friends on the forum! Make projects you are super proud of, and post them and keep announcing it on the forum!
Try mentioning whenever you post a project.

Again, don’t get too out of control with popularity! Hopscotch is just about coding and meeting new people: not really about popularity.

Yes, you’re right. Its just that I want people to know that I exist!! lol, thx for the advice, @Jordan

You’re welcome…and thank you. I remember when I would get like an average of 2-3 likes on a project, I would have never dreamed of giving out advice for popularity…
Actually, most importantly, don’t give up on coding. Some users went like 2-3 years before getting a feature

I totally agree with @sophia71205. Try not to remix or RP. Learn to code better or draw on HS, the better the project, the more plays, likes, and followers you’ll get. Try to make games like adopt an emoji or something, it’ll want people to remix your projects. I used to get practically no likes at all, and now I have 4 features and a pretty good number of likes on each project I publish,

NOTICE ME

Here are some tips:
1.Dont post often. I know this sounds crazy, but if you hold onto your projects longer and improve them before you release them, you won’t have to rerelease project over and over, which makes everything neater.

2.Dont clutter your projects up with remixes. Sophia71205 already said this, but don’t remix often! If you like remixing, make an alt account, and remix to your hearts content.

3.Stick to something. It can look good if everyone knows you as a person on Hopscotch that everyone knows, because you fit what everyone likes, you do a little bit of this, a little of that. But to get there, you have to master your skills in one thing first. Once people start enjoying that, start spreading your talents, or practice things in drafts.

4.Always have a side project. Having a side project is always good, because it can give you ideas and other things to do if you don’t know what to do next on your main project. If you build up a project over a long period of time you can keep updating it and then release something awesome.

5.Always be thinking about what would make your current project feature worthy. Let’s say you are working on a game, is it fun to play? Does it compel you to keep playing? There are plenty of games on Hopscotch that you can go into the code and get yourself infinite money of something. However, the best games are the games where you don’t want to do that, they are so compelling you want to have the feeling of beating it yourself. That is what makes a featured project special.

6.Always be testing out new skills in the background. I related to this before, but nothing is ever wrong with trying out a new concept, remember, it won’t hurt you. You can learn new things, or try to improve them. You ,ight even discover something that no one has ever seen on Hopscotch!

7.Use original ideas, but it is ok to try to remake something. People want to play projects that they haven’t played before and seem unique, or have some fun twist to them. However, if you remake a project by yourself, if it is better people are going to want to play your game more than the older used to be better version.

8.Update your games. Don’t update your games frequently, but adding new content will always get people to want to play your game again. Don’t add small things, because they will rarely completely change the game. Maybe add a new mode to a game, or more customizable options. Don’t be afraid to try some new things out in your game, people may like it!

9.Ask people what they want to see from you. Asking your audience what they want you to make can help you summarize what HopscotchRemixer might want to see. If you match this lots of people are going to want to play what you make! Maybe even inspire other people to make their own version!

10.Dont be afraid to be you. With Hopscotch, you can code infinite things. Do whatever you want to do, with the tools you know how to use, people are always open to telling you how to do something. Remember, Hopscotch is all about having fun!
@TheCoders

1. Make more productive posts than Ihasfluffycupcakes

1. Post your creations on my Game Testers topic!

says HopscotchRemixer :smirk:

Yea he but I didn’t remix towards the end of my life on HS

wait you died then
oof

Wow, great advice.

THX for the advice everyone, I’ll keep that in mind. :wink:
Honestly sometimes I feel like remixing something, but I don’t like remixing too much. lol, thx for the advice!:grinning::grinning::grinning:

Same here!

Honestly, I only get likes for my art and not for my coding! Whyyyy? My art has on average 11 likes per one pic but nobody even saw my coding project that took me a week to make!

:angry: its so annoying