Perhaps a Womp?

7 Likes

Lol I didn’t know the womp could come in published projects.
But yeah that could be annoying

5 Likes

But that’s not the thing, take a look at the code. Super simple, yet yields a rare womp. This means it can be controlled.
Thus, if someone makes a mega-progress game, a troll coder could womp them at some point. Just cause.

5 Likes

Yeah I saw the code.

4 Likes

Is this known? I’ve just never seen a womp before. Yet alone a controlled one.

5 Likes

Hey, welcome back!

5 Likes

I could not open the project

5 Likes

Umm no it hasn’t been reported but ever since variables don’t take a frame I always put a wait 0 seconds in repeat loops

5 Likes

Haha exactly! It’s the womp. It restarts a project sometimes too.

5 Likes

It’s probably through modding the project’s json?

5 Likes

*repeat until loops whoops forgot a word there

3 Likes

Smart lol

3 Likes

No modding. I came across this while just coding a game and decided to isolate the bug, which I did in that project.

Edit: if it’s opened while in your drafts, it restarts the project the first time. Kinda cool

4 Likes

I’ve used a repeat until thing in one of my projects and i experience frame-drops but usually no ‘womp’

(The only difference i really see is the 0 = 0 conditional but that’s it)

4 Likes

Wait how did you get the thumbnail if there’s the womp?

4 Likes

Yeah this is a special case: an infinitely updating loop at an infinite number of times a second

4 Likes

that my friend, is a mystery for another day

tbh i think I forgot
quick fingers? restart and publish?

4 Likes

I like the womp, it’s funny and almost makes me laugh cuz I sound it out in my head :joy:

9 Likes

Actually no, i managed to get the thumbnail by remixing your project and doing a simple “publish”

This comes from a thumbnail bug in which it sometimes gets set off

4 Likes

Ah well perhaps there’s a multitude of methods. Unarguably lag and delay is key to all though.

4 Likes