Paying seeds should give advanced blocks/ scenes

So, you know how you can pay 50 seeds to get custom art? Well, my idea is basically the same, but with scenes. Scenes would cost and additional 50 seeds, so without the subscription a project with custom art and scenes would cost 100 seeds. As for advanced blocks like music, and additional 25-35 seeds could be payed.
What are your opinions on this? What needs improving? Vote in the poll below.
(poll in the op already goes here)

Do we need this?
  • Yes, this would be great.
  • Meh, it could work.
  • No, I don’t like this idea.

0 voters

@Bluey_Fans @omtl

13 Likes

Yes, we so need this!

4 Likes

Right now, I don’t really care about scenes, but it would be really neat if you could purchase the advanced music blocks (all of them on one project) for 25 seeds or smth.

7 Likes

i can add that to the op- as an additional payment.

5 Likes

You might as well extend the scope of the topic to include all subscription blocks~

Also 25 seeds might not be enough for adding the music blocks, in hindsight.

6 Likes

i can’t edit the op for some reason- @FearlessPhoenix could you please edit the op to say (plus the poll):

So, you know how you can pay 50 seeds to get custom art? Well, my idea is basically the same, but with scenes. Scenes would cost and additional 50 seeds, so without the subscription a project with custom art and scenes would cost 100 seeds. As for advanced blocks like music, and additional 25-35 seeds could be payed.
What are your opinions on this? What needs improving? Vote in the poll below.
(poll in the op already goes here)

5 Likes

I think an additional 50 seeds for scenes might me expensive. Maybe 20 for 5 scene and so on.

4 Likes

I think 50 would be ok. Scenes are just as, if not more useful than custom images and it’s really difficult to make a good project without scenes.

4 Likes

Is that a challenge? :pp

5 Likes

I mean like ones with multiple areas

4 Likes

Your right. But scene are very in beta. There are a bunch of bugs, and it’s just not worth 50 seeds

4 Likes

everything available with subscription (beta editor) is currently still on testing and cannot be released officially to the entire community yet

5 Likes

Personally, 50 seeds is way too much for a feature that doesn’t cost any more to actually host. Images, especially large ones, increase storage costs, but scenes are already coded into the webplayer – storing a project with scenes on a server costs the same as storing a project without scenes[1].

I think the idea makes sense if I pay 25-50 seeds for advanced mode as a whole but not for just one feature.

It’s been changed to advanced mode, and it’s been confirmed that some features will never come to the regular editor.

1. for reference, adding one block increases the file size by a greater amount than adding one scene ↩︎

9 Likes

Which ones?

4 Likes

Scenes, advanced music blocks, text trait, etc. lots of these are also listed in the buy Hopscotch Pro ad.

7 Likes

What is a text trait?

5 Likes

This

4 Likes

What does it do?

5 Likes

It will save the text trait
For example, in one object it had a text. It says “Hi” if we put another object with a text trait. It will says what the other text says. In this case “Hi”
Sorry if it confusing I am terrible at explaining

5 Likes

Rather than having to pay 50 seeds for each individual feature, I think it’d be better to have a user pay 50 seeds for all of the features in advanced mode. In other words, 50 seeds per project that uses advanced mode.

2 Likes