Pasting an object should keep the size of the original

Currently if you copy an object that you’ve pinched to change its size, when you paste it the size will be reset on the new object. I don’t think this makes very much sense, so it should be the same size as what you copied.

15 Likes

That makes sense

4 Likes

Hold up, you can copy an object? How? I’ve tried but it doesn’t work.

But yeah, I agree that the copy should stay the same size as the original.

6 Likes

Oh yeah, how would you copy an object?

3 Likes

Open the view where you can see all the objects, tap on the blue box surrounding an object to get the copy option to appear, copy it, and paste it like you would with a block of code.

8 Likes

Cool. Thanks

6 Likes

The same way you copy anything else? Just double tap it and it will give you the option to copy, then double tap an empty space to paste.

7 Likes

If you pinch the size of an object, the size value wouldn’t change.
Try it, make an object bigger, have a text object that will change into that object’s size. It will turn into the default size of the object.

((If that’s useful))

4 Likes

When you copy an object, my only explanation is (which may indeed be incorrect) that it only copies the hopscotch code related to that object, rather than the JavaScript corresponding to that object that isn’t coded through the editor. So in pasting that object, it assumes that it is default.

4 Likes

I’d imagine that part of that would be the resizeScale object attribute

4 Likes

No, it doesn’t change the size as a % (which I like, though a way to find the amount it’s been resized by pinching in code would be good too) but it still changes the size.

I’d assume they just forgot/chose not to have it copy the resize scale when they added the pinch to resize

8 Likes

I actually didn’t knew you can copy an object, but this makes sense. A minor thing, but it would be very nice if it could be fixed.

5 Likes

You can pinch zoom?

4 Likes

Yeah you can make objects bigger in the editor by pinch zooming on them since September/October (I don’t remember when).

3 Likes

Bump

We need this

1 Like

Bump

From now on, bump will be my punchline (:

2 Likes

Bump

I stole it

2 Likes

BUMP

I take credit for this lol