Pass arguments to custom blocks

A feature I’d like to see in Hopscotch is: sending custom arguments to custom blocks, ie adding a custom field into a custom block where a value could be typed in

I’d use it for this type of project: I would probably use it everywhere, like sometimes there could be a custom block that performs a mathematical operation on two numbers, but i don’t know what the numbers would be

Here are some examples of Hopscotch code that could be improved if we had this: You could create a custom block that calculates the difference between the current color of an object and a certain desired color and switch between them, but i have to make an external variable to do that currently.

7 Likes

sorry for no images BTW, I can’t post any

5 Likes

Ooh like ae’s data field in the comment block?

4 Likes

what’s AE? i based this off scratch, which has custom block arguments

4 Likes

Ae = awesome-e

He mods json

4 Likes

Hi, there. A belated welcome to the forum.

Your feature request sounds a lot like “Arguments to Custom Methods,” which is blocked by Local Variables, which are in progress. (Check out the Hopscotch Roadmap to see a list of all features that have the potential of officially making it into Vanilla Hopscotch.

Oh, and just so you aren’t confused, Vanilla just mean “non-modded” or “official”

8 Likes

ah, i didnt check that, thanks!! and ive actually been here before, im just returning after a long break

6 Likes

Umm. It says you joined 3 days ago. Did you delete your old account and make a new one?

6 Likes

yeah – i went by hopscotch_king a while ago but forgot my password

6 Likes

yes this would be very very useful

6 Likes

YES PLEASE add it, it would be near infinitely useful!

3 Likes