Pass-Along Project Collaboration

I uploaded a really basic JSON project on GitHub. (it’s just a Dino on a custom sized canvas.) GitHub - RawrbearHS/test-dino: Test Dino draft for Hopscotch

Can anyone else load this project in on their device via @Awesome_E’s tools, or iTunes, or some other means, and if not, then why doesn’t it show up?

CC @Petrichor, @CreationsOfaNoob

17 Likes

Goodluck? Kinda confused by this lol

7 Likes

So like, basically I want to be able to send drafts through GitHub to other people without giving other people account login details.

5 Likes

No
I can’t load it
All I see is the GitHub page
Unless that’s what you want ,e to see
Oh right

3 Likes

Oh ok cool

3 Likes

I don’t use GitHub that much so I can’t help u figure that out

3 Likes

How do you do that?,
Load it onto a-E tools

3 Likes

I’m not really familiar with E-Tools but there’s a tutorial here which uses iTunes:

I’m just not sure if it’ll show up - I feel like there’s something related to SQL that keeps it from showing when you actually load it?

4 Likes

It has to replace an already existing draft afaik. I’m pretty sure the reason for this is because hopscotch stores all the drafts in an encrypted / cryptographic hash signed file, although I’m not certain.

3 Likes

Hmm, maybe it’d be possible to modify the hash for the imported draft locally by some means? I don’t have much hacking experience, but I was just wondering if there was some kind of workaround.

2 Likes

Hi?
It worked for me.
I pasted the UUID into the Hopscotch Project Builder
and it works
Unless the Dino isn’t supposed to be there

2 Likes

Oh cool! Thanks so much!

2 Likes

No problem, glad to help :>

2 Likes

I can’t see it in GitHub

2 Likes

It stores it in hopscotch_metadata, in a row in ZDRAFTPROJECTHEADER. Maybe if you add a row with the correct filename and sync state it’ll show up. I’m not sure though. It would be easiest to create a draft in the app then replace it with the new one.

If you’re justing using the app though, why can’t you just send the project link?

@Rawrbear

4 Likes

The concern is draft leaking. I just don’t feel secure with the current system of unpublishing and publishing again.

3 Likes

you can just link drafts by getting the uuid and then adding that to the end of https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/

granted, its not the best way to keep them private on the forum, but a whole other system on another platform limited to specific users isnt the safest or most moderation-friendly thing every

5 Likes

Oh cool; does this work? It should lead to the Dino draft:

https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/11kh2b4h8x

4 Likes

yep, it does!

4 Likes

Great! Thank you!

3 Likes