Parrot: is this a bug? [CLOSED]

Use this template to make awesome bug reports:

Your username: SereneCygnet

What kind of device are you using?: iPhone 5

1 sentence description of the problem (I was doing _________, and then __________ happened): I was making a project with some sweet new characters, and one of them didn’t show up in the player!

Steps that the Hopscotch team can take to reproduce my problem every time:

1. make a project
  2. use Parrot in the editor
  3. play the project

I expected this to happen: Parrot would show up in the player and dance like all the other characters, who have the exact same code.

But instead this happened: Parrot was visible and editable in the editor, but not in the player.

Here are some sweet screenshots:
editor:

player:

thanks so much! I can provide a link to the project too if need be. I expect this’ll be solved fairly quickly lol; I’m just a troglodyte

17 Likes

Wow That’s weird… maybe parrot isn’t optimized for last version?

@awesomeonion

5 Likes

That’s odd. Prob a bug
Nice catch tho

5 Likes

also noticed that on the forum, the bug report form fills in the post editor only when you make a topic in the overarching bugs category; it doesn’t autofill if your topic is in a subcategory.
actually I probably have the means to fix that I’ll look into it

5 Likes

Yeah we can fix stuff iwth the categories I noticed but I don’t wanna mess around with it

5 Likes

oh that’s strange.

4 Likes

That is a wacky cool bug

4 Likes

Hi @Serenity this was a bug we had in the past. But I can’t reproduce it in the latest version. Which version of Hopscotch are you using?

7 Likes

From the screenshot, it appears that you have an older version of crocodile (I can tell cause his teeth are black in the middle)

7 Likes

Parrot should still render though?

3 Likes

the parrot renders for me. But if you have a project where it doesn’t work, please send over

6 Likes

Doesn’t work in the project Serenity linked

4 Likes

Hmm. Well, I think Serenity’s project is an older version. Parrot was way back, so why would that be broken though?

2 Likes

I tried @Serenity’s project on the latest version of Hopscotch. I have the crocodile bug (i.e. the old croc looks like a monkey) but the parrot does show up.

3 Likes

cool! that must mean I need to update it on my phone then, oops.

thanks so much for your time awesomeonion! I’ll clive.