Parabola! Needs help!

Help! I'm trying to make a parabola for trajectory, and it doesn't work!

It needs to go up, then down. However, this is going down, then up.
X is x-pos minus 500

Flagged, it was off-topic. -_-

Okay, anyone going to help with this question? IS IT A BUG OR NOT?

Are you good with values?

I am...
:smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::relaxed::relaxed::relaxed::relaxed::relaxed::relaxed::relaxed::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::slightly_smiling:

I searched negative parabolas, and I did y= -x^2, but it keeps doing a positive parabola!

Anything squared is always positive. What you need is (-1)x(0.5x)^2

No, it just doesn't.
EDIT: Nvm

Ooh, I see the issue. When you square a negative number, it always comes out as a positive number. You are taking the negative number, and making it positive. What you need to do is make the times -0.5 go out of the ^ 2. Also, multiply it by -0.25. 0.5 ^ 2 is 0.25. Then, add the negative.

I'm not good at math(9 and in 4th grade, cant do division)so, what is a parabola?

A quick explanation is that it's a curve that can appear on a set of axis . They often appear when graphing certain equations. ( Don't worry though, you shouldn't get real in depth on them untill Algebra 1 :stuck_out_tongue:.)

I'm in Geometry, though :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

well, I'd like to help you, but I have 1 question, wassa pair of bowlers?

lol autocorrect doesn't even know, and switched it to that, wassa parabola?

A parabola is a type of line that kinda looks like this:

and it usually has an equation of the form y=ax^2+bx+c. And I want greater than or equal to/less than or equal to because I want to use the quadratic formula in code :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

no clue, It looks like an inverse equation to me, but 8th grade math, so... y=k/x?

I guess so. Inverse equations were these, right?

hey! hey! too many letters for math! calm down! (insert image of equations for hypergravity here"

was dat? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

The equation for hypergravity! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: