How to code a music p r o j e c t

hiya hops! it’s reffy here, and since all my topics seem to get closed, hopefully this one will be able to survive (d o u b t f u l) but anyways, this topic is on how to code a music project on Hopscotch!

the first step is to pick your song. for this tutorial i’m gonna go ahead and use Mary Had A Little Lamb.

once you’ve picked a song, you’re going to have to find the good ol’ sheet music for this song. make sure you use either piano or guitar notes, that’s what I’ve found most convenient for my music projects.

once you’ve found your sheet music (you could look up the letter notes), you need to find the letter notes. the first letter note in the selected song (Mary Had A Little Lamb) is an E. add a piece of text. for this, i’m going to use just a regular text button, but you can use whatever you want.

then, click on the add code button and select ‘when is tapped’.

select ‘self’.

your screen should look like this right now:

click on the first button on the start sound block. scroll to the notes and select the appropriate note.

then add in the amount of milliseconds you want to wait before playing the next note.

repeat the process with the other notes, and try out your new song! name, publish, and you have a great music project on HS!

reffy out, and i hope y’all liked this tutorial!

@OMTL

18 Likes

This is a great topic! I’ll probably use this in the future!

6 Likes

5 Likes

Great tutorial! This topic might not get closed

7 Likes

Nice topic!
I’m sure many people will find this helpful.

(Don’t mind the edit, I just moved it to the right category)

7 Likes

Thank you I couldn’t find it lol

4 Likes

I’d elaborate on what’s a good timing and how to calculate the tempo, but otherwise great

6 Likes

This is good advice. Than, you, Reffy!

4 Likes

4 Likes

Great topic with great advice! Well explained as well.

4 Likes

Thanks! :grin:

4 Likes

i love this tutorial, and i just bookmarked it so i can code this in the future! :)) nice job, thanks for sharing!

3 Likes

this is so interesting and cool and good and nice and excellent

thank you for sharing

7 Likes

ah thank youu

4 Likes

Omg thanks

5 Likes